Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2022 7:54 pm  #471

Re: AltLB Design Thread

I hate to interrupt the fun game we're playing but I'm happy to announce that we will be holding AltLB Event Games this season! We're gonna have two: a "Field of Dreams" game that's played in a stadium in a traditional location. The other game will be a "Turn Ahead the Clock" game where we find the baseball fields of the future.

Of course, we need our own names for them, so we're actually gonna run two contests at the same time: the naming process and the hosting process. So if you have ideas, post them in the thread! If you're interested in hosting, go ahead and announce the venue you propose and we'll vote on them soon. You can only bid for one of the two games, so pick which one you like more. After we've selected a name and host, we'll do logos next! And after that, comes uniforms! You can also look forward to this process for the other Alt Leagues in the coming months.

I'll give everyone three days to come up with a name/bid, so get yours in before then!

3/11/2022 8:27 pm  #472

The Talons propose holding the future event at a special temporary stadium at the bottom of Lake Ontario. Anyone who references Bioshock at this location will be thrown out.
(Cheap mock-up thrown together in 5 minutes)

Name Suggestions:

Past: Cornfield Cup
Future: Space Age Series

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

3/11/2022 8:47 pm  #473

Section30 wrote:

Are they all tv personalities?

From what I could glean, these are the only three who are currently employed to present on tv in some capacity:

In any case, it's not what I was going for.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/11/2022 8:58 pm  #474

The Los Angeles Condors propose to host the "Turn Ahead the Clock" game at a temporary stadium placed on top of Double-Double Arena on Corporate Bank Arena

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (3/11/2022 9:00 pm)

3/11/2022 9:20 pm  #475

The Las Vegas Atoms would like to propose a Fields of the Future game at a temporary stadium built into the Sedan Crater, the largest man-made crater in the U.S. Created by a massive thermonuclear explosion in 1962, the crater is over 300 feet deep and over 1200 feet wide, making it larger than most modern-day baseball stadia. Also, the potential effects of the lingering nuclear radiation could be a real game-changer! (I'm kidding, of course; the site has been completely safe since 1963 and is visited by thousands of tourists each year.)

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/12/2022 1:07 am  #476

The Boston Masons would like to propose to host a game at the Arnie Allen Diamond in Falmouth, MA home to the Cape Cod League Falmouth Commodores. The Diamond only seats 8000 but the Masons are prepared to help build temporary bleachers to expand the seating capacity for the League's Legacy Game.

3/12/2022 9:05 am  #477

Doubleday Duel
Tomorrow's Classic

The Gemini propose hosting the field-of-dreams-alike game at Norman Borlaug Park in Redwood Falls, Minnesota, the 7600-seat home of the Minnesota Agricultural & Mechanical University Threshers baseball program. Completely renovated in 2014, the Laug is the largest baseball stadium in the state of Minnesota not built for or by the Gemini.

3/15/2022 12:25 am  #478

Coaching Announcement

The Oklahoma City Bison have hired a Fielding Coach today, who will also serve as the Ass. Hitting Coach, Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/15/2022 10:01 pm  #479

Since it's been a week (give or take a daylight savings), here's a GWtLVAaAttP? hint:

Darknes has gotten the closest, but he's only gotten halfway.

3/15/2022 10:03 pm  #480

Are they all non-American Hall of Famers?

Board footera