Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2022 6:58 pm  #391

Re: AltLB Design Thread

After careful consideration, the Detroit Deacons organization have decided on names for their 3 minor league teams. The AAA team will play off of the Christian theme of the big league team, while the AA and A team names just sound close to their city names, which the NoE Sports and Entertainment CEO thought was neat.

AAA: London Cross
AA: Lansing Lancers
A: Muskegon Muskrats

3/01/2022 12:24 am  #392

In an incredibly minor move, the Talons have made the decision to instead put their Single-A team in Hamilton, Ontario, rather than Scranton, Pennsylvania.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

3/01/2022 12:58 am  #393

I'm excited to announce the identities of the Philadelphia Keystones Organization from AltLB to Single-A.

3/01/2022 1:13 am  #394

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/01/2022 5:26 pm  #395

Well, baseball may not be there, but you can still celebrate Opening Day with the Atoms! Starting on Thursday, March 31 and continuing at least until Sunday, April 3, come on down to the newly-renamed MGM Field at Caesar's Stadium to catch some of your favorite baseball movies, including Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, Condors in the Outfield, and Damn Blackbirds, on our famous Fremont Street-style videodome! And, since the ballpark is turning 21, it's now old enough to drink, so all guests will receive their first beverage (alcoholic or not) for free!

All concessions will be open, as will our slots, video poker, and table games (following normal park rules, of course). Tickets for the cancelled games will be honored on the same day, or can be refunded at www.lvatoms.com.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/01/2022 5:53 pm  #396

Our organization would like to apologize for the Oakland players who brought chains and bats to the negotiations that ultimately led to a lockout. We should have….. wait, we don’t have players? Who the hell were those guys wearing shirts with our logo on them?

3/01/2022 8:04 pm  #397

AND NOW, A PERSONAL STATEMENT FROM RICK FETCHER, OWNER OF THE TORONTO TALONS
Hello. I, Rick Fetcher, have been proven not to have any head ailments of any kind after my unfortunate accident. By who? Myself. What do you mean I’m not a reliable source of information?

Anyway, because of the the unfortunate lockout that has postponed opening day and required me to learn lock-picking skills just to get back inside the headquarters to retrieve my thermos, you may be wondering, “What are we gonna do without no basebaw?”

What are you talking about, Phillip? Of course I said baseball! Who even says “basebaw?” Okay, who’s dictating who’s written statement here?

So tomorrow, we’re inviting fans aged 18 and over, to come over to Hartman Health Field and register a team for our brand new experimental beer baseball league! After you register with all your friends, you will be considered to take part in the tournament, and if you win a slot, good for you! We’re playing normal baseball, except beforehand, we have you meet in the bar and have lots of yummy beer! We also have some pot and a couple of other kooky substances that I can’t legally discuss with you. So sign up! Please.

Also, we’ve announced the names of our minor league affiliates, and we think they’re pretty smexy:

AAA: Ottawa Grey Jays
AA: Syracuse Demons
A: Hamilton Jets

Thank you for reading my personal statement. Of course you aren’t getting paid for this Phillip. Really? Who actually pays people to write things that other people say? Only R.L. Stine does that. Well, here’s a joke for YOU, Phillip, writers are so mind-numbingly Id
END

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

3/02/2022 11:10 pm  #398

The Tampa Bay Turtles are a proud member of the AltLB and the superior American League. After their initial years playing home games at Publix Park the Turtles are excited to usher in the modern era at the new state of the art Disney's Magic King Dome. The domed stadium couples baseball Americana with the design and hospitality expected at a Disney theme park. This home field experience is a must for anyone passing through Florida.

In their close partnership with the Walt Disney company the Turtles have selected Disney World's Wide World of Sports complex as the home of their AAA ball club the Orlando Turtles. While the name Turtles may seem inside the box for minor league sports it actually could be considered outside of the box since they are the only AltLB Minor League team to share a name with their parent club. Most importantly the Baby Turtles are known for their rebranded nights. Often themed after famous Disney attractions. Their special ball caps are collector's items for Disney fanatics.
Despite playing a great distance from their parent club the Growlers play in owner Gritty's home town. Northern Colorado is one of the most rich regions in terms of micro-breweries. The famous beer growler serves as a great name as it is blended with the black bear which often roams the region. The Growlers play at the Poudre Riverfront Park. It is the major river system in Northern Colorado. The park is nicknamed 'The Cache' as a reference to the Cache la Poudre River. Back in the town's history smugglers used to hide gunpowder in the nearby hills, hence the name 'Cache'. 

Draft day was a tough day for Gritty as his plan was to move into his hometown of Philadelphia. The second best option was to move a minor league team into the Keystones backyard. The Single-A Jellyfish play in Cape May, New Jersey. Cape May lies at the most southern tip of New Jersey. Fun fact, that is the fictional location of Gotham City in DC Comics. Across the bay is Lewes, Delaware which is the fictional location of Metropolis. Cape May is the only town in America that is fully known as an Historic Landmark. The Jellyfish play at Sand Castle Park and serve as a great entertainment option for people visiting the South Jersey Shore. 

Each of the minor league teams in the Turtles organization share similar color palettes. The Turtles are excited to see their future ball players grow in a strong farm system.

3/03/2022 4:43 pm  #399

Big fan of all the minor league stuff we have going on! I like the variety in cities and brands.

3/03/2022 11:03 pm  #400

Dan O'Mac here, time to share the Oklahoma City Bison organization! Of course, the goal is to be right here in Oklahoma City, playing for the Bison.

Our Triple A team won't be too far from Bricktown, as we head down the road to Tulsa. As one of the most submitted, voted for, yet still not selected names, we have decided to name them the Barons. Pulling the logo from the flag of Tulsa to tie into the branding of the Major League Club, the Barons look great in Cream, Brown, and Sky Blue.

The stop below that is in the state of Alabama, in the burgeoning city of Huntsville. "Rocket City" is a growing city, working on developing new technologies for NASA's rockets, as well as being a burgeoning center of biotechnology research as well, Huntsville is a city on the rise. Named the Rockets, because there doesn't need to be a deep dive to get a great name.

And our first stop on the road to Oklahoma City is in nearby Arkansas, the capital city of Little Rock. Handing much of this brand off to my 8-year old son, he decided the name would be the Thunderbolts, the colors would be blue and yellow, and did the general design for the logo.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (5/19/2022 12:37 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera