Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2021 7:46 pm  #271

Re: The AltFL Season 2021

Coming off of a second win on the road, the Beavs hope to grab yet another W as they return home to face the Phantoms’ neighbors cross-state, the thieving, no good Dallas Bandits. Tonight is also Legends Night, honoring the many players and personnel who have made their mark on the Toronto Beavers franchise since its debut in 1990. Week 5 will see the first major deviation from the typical uniform set; combined red jerseys and pants with a white helmet.
#LegendsNight #DALvsTOR

Last edited by ThisIsFine (10/07/2021 5:41 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

10/06/2021 8:21 pm  #272

The Steelheads got back in the W column on national TV last week, and we're back on the road again for week 5. This time, we're looking to put the "Win" in "Windy City." Personally, I don't think "dy City" is a very good nickname, so let's hope we can pull it out. Road duds back out this weekend for a classic matchup. #SteelandTeal #HeadsUp #SEAvsCHI

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/07/2021 3:27 pm  #273

Even without a cool graphic (or any other graphic, sorry, files are on a computer 12 hours away), those "Thieving, No-Good Bandits" will be bringing the dust to Toronto's bowl. The boys from Dallas will attempt to steal the thunder of a colony of toothy rodents while wearing their Dust on Dust uniforms with their Clay helmets. On Legends Night, we will be honoring the Bandits' all-time greatest quarterback, Nathan Peterman, who still haunts the stadiums of the Metroplex. Peterman cannot make the trip to Canada to be honored, as Kyle needed someone to run the grill. Kyle sprained his wrist during last week's party while showing Nathan a cool new way to hand off the football to a running back, a technique that involved a backflip, a one-handed somersault, and a long-snapper. Official sources say it looked really sick.

10/07/2021 5:29 pm  #274

Let's punch it into hyperspace boys, we going to the moon! At least the one on the Nightriders logo that is... It is another tough battle for the Galactics this week as we take on a fellow unbeaten squad in the Nightriders. For the classic duel, we will be wearing the roads with the white helmets this week. #ORLvsBOS #startthecountdown #battleoftheunbeaten

10/07/2021 5:42 pm  #275

Boston will counter Orlando's look with their classic Home look of Navy over Yellow.

#BattleofUnbeatens #FailureToLaunch

10/10/2021 10:54 am  #276

MANHATTAN, NY - Inactives for the Emperors in their home matchup with the Tennessee Copperheads are being released. Teddy "Two-Gloves" Bridgewater has cleared the concussion protocol, but the Emperors will play it cautiously, letting first round rookie Mac Jones start his first AltFL game. At Tight End, T.J. Hockenson is active, and looks to remain a premier option at the position in the league. However, star Running Back Christian McCaffrey will be inactive as he works his way back from the hamstring issue he received last week. Returning from injury this week, RB Elijah Mitchell and WR Tee Higgins will be back in the lineup, getting the Emperor offense a little closer to being at full strength.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/11/2021 4:36 pm  #277

Again with apologies for the delay, here's the Week 4 Poll.

10/12/2021 9:20 am  #278

Well folks, we'll keep an eye out for some Steelheads-Cyclones stat corrections, but as it stands right now, QCS did his QC Best and has won the AltFL Knockout by selecting the Dallas Bandits to knock off the Toronto Beavers.

Darknes, DireBear, and IDM were all eliminated when the Kentucky Stallions put up their highest point total of the season to knock off the San Diego Destroyers! Both JamHeronArk and Steelman were knocked out when the Chicago Cyclones remained undefeated and beat the Seattle Steelheads.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/12/2021 10:56 am  #279

Well, thanks, Dan! In the world of what have I created, I return with this week's power rankings. The Grizzlies shoot straight to the top with a commanding win. Puzzlingly, the Nightriders do not surpass Orlando, whom they beat this week, but why is a mystery that I cannot find the ounce of care that is required for me to solve it. The South retains its strong positioning, holding half of the top 10 spots and containing this week's biggest jumper, Birmingham, who was last week ranked at 23rd.

10/12/2021 12:37 pm  #280

I will take that win! Now if only my Reapers could get some wins as well...

Either way, here's the link for the Coaches' Poll. I only got 4 responses last week, so hopefully more people fill it out!

Board footera