Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2021 11:09 am  #161

Re: The AltBA Legacy Project

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

I feel like I should get this out in defense of my team - the Hornets had already agreed to trade the pick to the Lakers, that decision was made before Kobe was picked.

Anyway, congrats to the Giants on another ring. Disappointed that the Flyers can't seem to get anything going in the playoffs, but I'm hoping we take the league by storm soon enough.

Yes, very true. It was a smart move. I was referring to the fact that Kobe's agent had told a number of lottery teams to not even bother working him out before the draft. The Hornets decided that if Kobe fell to them they would use the opportunity to get Divac back for him. I remember at the time Kobe was even threatening to play in Italy instead of Charlotte. It's not as much against Charlotte as it was Kobe's stance of, 'Lakers no matter what'. I believe their deal almost fell through because the Nets were going to take Kobe in the top-ten but Kobe's agent threatened them too and they took Kerry Kittles. It is a pretty dramatic story. Had Eli to the Giants vibes for sure. 

Yep, Kobe was adamant he'd play for the Lakers. The Hornets made a smart play to get something out of it, but it unfortunately has led to many jokes made about the franchise.

Dan O'Mac wrote:

- Now that the Mountaineers have won a first round game, the Flyers have the most playoff appearances without a win at 4.

Pain.

5/07/2021 12:10 pm  #162

QCS wrote:

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

I feel like I should get this out in defense of my team - the Hornets had already agreed to trade the pick to the Lakers, that decision was made before Kobe was picked.

Anyway, congrats to the Giants on another ring. Disappointed that the Flyers can't seem to get anything going in the playoffs, but I'm hoping we take the league by storm soon enough.

Yes, very true. It was a smart move. I was referring to the fact that Kobe's agent had told a number of lottery teams to not even bother working him out before the draft. The Hornets decided that if Kobe fell to them they would use the opportunity to get Divac back for him. I remember at the time Kobe was even threatening to play in Italy instead of Charlotte. It's not as much against Charlotte as it was Kobe's stance of, 'Lakers no matter what'. I believe their deal almost fell through because the Nets were going to take Kobe in the top-ten but Kobe's agent threatened them too and they took Kerry Kittles. It is a pretty dramatic story. Had Eli to the Giants vibes for sure. 

Yep, Kobe was adamant he'd play for the Lakers. The Hornets made a smart play to get something out of it, but it unfortunately has led to many jokes made about the franchise.

Dan O'Mac wrote:

- Now that the Mountaineers have won a first round game, the Flyers have the most playoff appearances without a win at 4.

Pain.

Well, it stinks, but it probably is fitting that in this universe, Kobe Bryant refused to play for the New Orleans Revelers.  Must have been something Gator Boy Sho said, (hence why he gets replaced by a returning Gator Boy Moe, who reappeared strictly because I ran out of "O" rhyming names).  Guess he didn't want to..... PARTY GRAS!!!

At least we won another playoff game, this is seriously far better than I expected our fate to be!

5/07/2021 12:10 pm  #163

Hey, we won the Pacific Division for the first time and almost won the championship! Not that bad of a year, hopefully we can only go up!

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

5/07/2021 2:18 pm  #164

Holy crap we made the playoffs. 

5/07/2021 7:54 pm  #165

A playoff game? that Denver won? Its about time. Now we just got to string together 4 of those

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

5/07/2021 8:20 pm  #166

Stickman wrote:

QCS wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Pain.

Well, it stinks, but it probably is fitting that in this universe, Kobe Bryant refused to play for the New Orleans Revelers.  Must have been something Gator Boy Sho said, (hence why he gets replaced by a returning Gator Boy Moe, who reappeared strictly because I ran out of "O" rhyming names).  Guess he didn't want to..... PARTY GRAS!!!

At least we won another playoff game, this is seriously far better than I expected our fate to be!

Joe? Bo? Po? Martino?

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/07/2021 10:47 pm  #167

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Stickman wrote:

QCS wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Pain.

Joe? Bo? Po? Martino?

Joe and Beau are long gone by now.  Hadn't thought about Po(e), too late for that though.  Martino?  I haven't seen that name before.  Interesting.

5/08/2021 5:01 am  #168

Stickman wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Joe? Bo? Po? Martino?

Joe and Beau are long gone by now.  Hadn't thought about Po(e), too late for that though.  Martino?  I haven't seen that name before.  Interesting.

made it up tbh

5/08/2021 7:48 am  #169

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Joe? Bo? Po? Martino?

made it up tbh

Well, you'll be humored to know that it is actually a real name.  It's Italian for Martin, (looked it up on Behind The Name, a nice source if you ever need to know the meaning of names and popular names outside the US)

5/08/2021 7:49 pm  #170

Stickman wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Stickman wrote:

made it up tbh

Well, you'll be humored to know that it is actually a real name.  It's Italian for Martin, (looked it up on Behind The Name, a nice source if you ever need to know the meaning of names and popular names outside the US)

Figures....😐

Board footera