Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2021 10:15 pm  #151

Re: The AltBA Legacy Project

Denver, just like most things in my life, failure.

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

5/01/2021 12:04 am  #152

Starting to feel like my team is cursed.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

5/01/2021 5:05 am  #153

While I still doubt that the New Orleans Revelers are ever gonna win a championship, (or even make it to a AltBL Final Four) we do seem to have won a few upsets in the first round, not too shabby at all Gator Boys!

5/01/2021 11:27 am  #154

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Of course the Emperors go home early. Congrats IDM. 

Yep, the Emperors of the AltFL are actually well known for losing all home playoff games.

Sorry I mean Sentinels lmao.

5/07/2021 9:12 am  #155

A couple of interesting things about this season. This draft class was one of the deepest in recent memory. There were two notable trades. Louisville and Seattle made a trade that swapped their first round picks Allen and Marbury. Kobe Bryant was eventually traded to Pittsburgh after he refused to play for the Hornets in real life. 

Denver can stop worrying about first round exits after they won their first playoff game. 

We also have our early favorite for top rivalry. Division rivals, Chicago and Detroit have played one another in five of our first seven seasons including the last five seasons.

5/07/2021 9:24 am  #156

Ho hum, another Giants championship. At least we have the post-Jordan years to look forward to, right?

5/07/2021 9:31 am  #157

I feel like I should get this out in defense of my team - the Hornets had already agreed to trade the pick to the Lakers, that decision was made before Kobe was picked.

Anyway, congrats to the Giants on another ring. Disappointed that the Flyers can't seem to get anything going in the playoffs, but I'm hoping we take the league by storm soon enough.

5/07/2021 9:34 am  #158

WE FINALLY WON A PLAYOFF GAME! Now can we make it further? I hope so.

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

5/07/2021 10:55 am  #159

QCS wrote:

I feel like I should get this out in defense of my team - the Hornets had already agreed to trade the pick to the Lakers, that decision was made before Kobe was picked.

Anyway, congrats to the Giants on another ring. Disappointed that the Flyers can't seem to get anything going in the playoffs, but I'm hoping we take the league by storm soon enough.

Yes, very true. It was a smart move. I was referring to the fact that Kobe's agent had told a number of lottery teams to not even bother working him out before the draft. The Hornets decided that if Kobe fell to them they would use the opportunity to get Divac back for him. I remember at the time Kobe was even threatening to play in Italy instead of Charlotte. It's not as much against Charlotte as it was Kobe's stance of, 'Lakers no matter what'. I believe their deal almost fell through because the Nets were going to take Kobe in the top-ten but Kobe's agent threatened them too and they took Kerry Kittles. It is a pretty dramatic story. Had Eli to the Giants vibes for sure. 

5/07/2021 11:07 am  #160

7 seasons in:
- Only 5 teams have made the playoffs every season (Giants, Invaders, Kahunas, Warbirds, Cardinals)
- Seattle made the playoffs this season, the last team to qualify. They join the Lancers and Spirits as the only teams to qualify only once. The Spirits were Conference Champions however.
- This season was the first that the Eastern Conference representative in the championship wasn't from Division 5.
- The Pacific Division has combined for 22 playoff berths, most in the league.
- Now that the Mountaineers have won a first round game, the Flyers have the most playoff appearances without a win at 4.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera