Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/22/2021 4:55 pm  #1

The AltBA Legacy Project

AltBA Fans! It is time to head back in time to see where are our leagues came from. For those who are new or need a refresher here is how the Legacy Project works. 

1.) In the following video - teams from the NBA are matched up with AltBA franchises. Whatever there record is for a particular season is the record for the AltBA team. 

For some reason the audio that I recorded for the video didn't download with the video. So while not as entertaining it gets the job done.

2.) Because our alignment is different the results of the playoffs will be different than that in real life. So just because Michael Jordan won six championships in the NBA it doesn't mean that he wins in the AltBA. 

3.) The league was founded in the year 2000. The 1990 NBA season will matchup with the AltBA year 2000.

4.) We have 12 teams in each conference. 8 teams make the playoffs. So just because you think your team will not be good that doesn't mean they can't go on a run. 

5.) Luckily in the NBA most teams had at least some seasons of good basketball. 

6.) We keep track of teams trophy cases and overall records.

7.) The next NBA season 2021/22 will be our first as a league. The results of that season will add to that of the Legacy Project. 

8.) I was given the Bulls and the Lakers in the first two drawings so this is technically the third drawing (didn't think it was right to take either of those two teams). 

9.) Finally our basic schedule for the Legacy Project
MONDAYS - The Draft and Major Offseason news
TUESDAYS - Regular Season Standings
WEDNESDAYS - Western Conference Playoffs
THURSDAYS - Eastern Conference Playoffs
FRIDAYS - The Finals and Postseason Awards. 

Here is the first draft. For the drafts this go around I will be posting the top-5 of every year and then any notable selections after that. That means that the player made at least one all star game in their career. 

Enjoy and good luck to everyone! 

3/22/2021 5:00 pm  #2

Re: The AltBA Legacy Project

Your Indiana CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDINALS! (Sonics 90's intro reference if you don't know.)

Last edited by Sevsdast (3/22/2021 5:10 pm)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

3/22/2021 5:05 pm  #3

It is some kind of cruel irony that the universe must connect Charlotte and New Orleans in any sports-related thing it can?

3/22/2021 5:09 pm  #4

Looks like I got the Hawks, definitely not the best team but not the worst either.

3/22/2021 5:14 pm  #5

QCS wrote:

It is some kind of cruel irony that the universe must connect Charlotte and New Orleans in any sports-related thing it can?

I thought that was funny. As you would have heard in my voice if the audio worked. 

3/22/2021 5:21 pm  #6

hm.. Maybe we were somewhere else before Indiana... It would be a cool idea to make a team based off the old location of the Cardinals, maybe that's only me.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

3/22/2021 5:23 pm  #7

Is that 8 teams per conference or 8 teams total?

3/22/2021 5:24 pm  #8

Ouch.... lucky for me, the teams who got the Lakers and Celtics aren't in the West Conference at least, just have to deal with Texas's 20+ year dominant run and the Michael Jordan years for Minnesota.  Maybe the Revelers will surprise after all!

Last edited by Stickman (3/22/2021 5:36 pm)

3/22/2021 5:53 pm  #9

Love the irony that Denver got the Magic. Hehe

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

3/22/2021 5:56 pm  #10

Funny thing is, I was literally thinking about which team I would get and I thought that the Heat would be a pretty good option for me. Should be fun to see how the Olympians turn out!

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

Board footera