Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2021 9:47 pm  #111

Re: AltBA Discussion Thread

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Yeah, I really hope that these dumb names like Left Twix are just jokes and the community remembers that this is an alternate universe, not a comedy.

I mean just because it's an alternate universe doesn't mean we can't have fun with it. look at the wcehl. all of that thread is the dumbest sh-t I've ever read (in the best way. <3 u scratch) but it's hilarious. plus, if you want input, you should be involved in the league. let the people in the divisions decide what they want to call them.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/23/2021 9:48 pm  #112

There is a precedence set for names.
1) there was just the Buschy McBusch Race 400 in NASCAR
2) the NHL has sponsored their divisions

Hence, Divisiony McDivision presented by Right Twix does have a REAL WORLD reason that it can be done. I was being COMPLETELY SERIOUS with my humorous name.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/23/2021 9:56 pm  #113

Gritty mentioned a couple times leading up to the draft that team owners would be allowed to name their divisions, so there is precedent that owners will be allowed to name the divisions whatever they want. If a majority of a division wants a goofy name for their division I think it should be allowed (this isn't exactly the most realistic sports universe, just look at Calgary in the AltHL).

As for attacking Honolulu, I would just like to say that all of the teams have been made by the community from scratch and this is what we ended up with. People put in work and the Kahunas is what we wound up with. Providing constructive criticism is one thing, but just bashing an identity that people worked hard on without giving any feedback or entries during the process.

I think we all just need to sit back and realize that this whole thing is really not that deep. It's a fantasy sports league for fun that we decided to do as a group, there's just no reason to get upset by a team or people just having some fun in something that really doesn't effect anything in the long run.

Last edited by Section30 (3/23/2021 9:58 pm)

3/23/2021 9:56 pm  #114

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Guess I’m the only one who does not want Divisiony McDivisionfaxe presenteted by Right Twix. I hate that name, I want something serious and not stupid.

No, I'm with you. The Honolulu team is about as low as I was willing to go. I honestly almost didn't vote for any of the names for Honolulu. Honolulu has the ABSOLUTE WORSE brand this community has created, I'm sad to say. There was a chance to do something unique with a unique market, and we choked. Let's not screw up the divisions too.

We? Edge, Gritty, Dan's kid and I did what we could to contribute. If it is stupid, go ahead and offer better.

No, I know you guys did the best you could, I'm not denying that. I simply don't think the Kahunas are a good brand all around. Its just not something you could do easily with the name you were given.

QCS wrote:

1) Same here.
2) I'm just memeing, you're allowed to have your own opinion. Calling Honolulu the worst brand surprising to hear, I didn't think anybody disliked it.

No problem mate. Just never had someone call me a boomer. I knew I was old fashioned, but didn't know I was that bad, lol. I hate Honolulu's brand, it reminds me of what the MiLB is cranking out, and since the AltBA is in place of the NBA, there needs to be a degree of decorum, and Honolulu just doesn't measure up for me.

TargetToad wrote:

Alternate universes should allow for wider ideas. even silly ones.

Yes, but there is silly and then there is idiotic. Divisiony McDivisony is just so f*****g idiotic that it makes a mockery of even the out-there names like the Invaders or the Barnstormers.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

3/23/2021 9:57 pm  #115

Rugrat wrote:

Guess I’m the only one who does not want Divisiony McDivisionface presented by Right Twix. I hate that name, I want something serious and not stupid. I refuse to play in such a division with such an idiotic name. Not everything in life is a meme.

Refuse to play? Sounds familiar.

When did I never play along? Name one time I didn’t play along without something coming up in my life?

Divisiony McDivisionface is name that crackheads bring up for a division, not sane people. This is supposed to be an alt universe not a joke!

Last edited by Rugrat (3/23/2021 10:01 pm)

3/23/2021 10:02 pm  #116

Rugrat wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Guess I’m the only one who does not want Divisiony McDivisionface presented by Right Twix. I hate that name, I want something serious and not stupid. I refuse to play in such a division with such an idiotic name. Not everything in life is a meme.

When did I never play along? Name one time I didn’t play along without something coming up in my life?

Divisiony McDivisionface is name that crackheads bring up for a division, not sane people. This is supposed to be an alt universe not a joke!

As a Kraken fan, I take great pride in that.

Last edited by QCS (3/23/2021 10:03 pm)

3/23/2021 10:04 pm  #117

Dan O'Mac wrote:

There is a precedence set for names.
1) there was just the Buschy McBusch Race 400 in NASCAR
2) the NHL has sponsored their divisions

Hence, Divisiony McDivision presented by Right Twix does have a REAL WORLD reason that it can be done. I was being COMPLETELY SERIOUS with my humorous name.

1) Yet another reason for me to not watch NASCAR aside from it being boring.
2) A sponsor I'm fine with, but I took it as that was the only name. My bad.

Section30 wrote:

As for attacking Honolulu, I would just like to say that all of the teams have been made by the community from scratch and this is what we ended up with. People put in work and the Kahunas is what we wound up with. Providing constructive criticism is one thing, but just bashing an identity that people worked hard on without giving any feedback or entries during the process.

I purposely stayed out of the designing phase because I have absolutely no idea about basketball design so there's that. But yes, sorry, that did come out too harsh, I apologize.

3/23/2021 10:07 pm  #118

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Yeah, I really hope that these dumb names like Left Twix are just jokes and the community remembers that this is an alternate universe, not a comedy.

I mean just because it's an alternate universe doesn't mean we can't have fun with it. look at the wcehl. all of that thread is the dumbest sh-t I've ever read (in the best way. <3 u scratch) but it's hilarious. plus, if you want input, you should be involved in the league. let the people in the divisions decide what they want to call them.

I LOVE the WCEHL, but look at the presentation. Scratch said from the beginning it was a comedy. The AltUniverse was never presented as a comedy. And did I not say at the beginning I wouldn't be overly involved, and isn't this the discussion thread? So, I'm not allowed to discuss something in a discussion thread?

3/23/2021 10:09 pm  #119

QCS wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

As a Kraken fan, I take great pride in that.

Welp, I’m outta here folks, Thanks for the memories! It’s been fun! (While it lasted!) (Just kidding, I’ll give you guys one more chance but I will never play in a division called Divisiony McDivisionface) (Not in a billion years!)

Last edited by Rugrat (3/23/2021 10:11 pm)

3/23/2021 10:10 pm  #120

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

1) Yet another reason for me to not watch NASCAR aside from it being boring.

As a Charlotte man:

Board footera