Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2021 8:30 pm  #661

Re: AltBA Design Thread

The Texas Jackalopes, have announced they will be giving an extension to coach Greg Popovich, for an additional 4 seasons, with the right to retire worked in.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

3/24/2021 8:46 pm  #662

Enigmajones wrote:

The Texas Jackalopes, have announced they will be giving an extension to coach Greg Popovich, for an additional 4 seasons, with the right to retire worked in.

Did you clone him? Because I think he was hired by Kansas City already.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/24/2021 8:52 pm  #663

Copper Sun Entertainment is proud to unveil the identity of our G-League team, the San Diego Stevedores, nicknamed the Steves (or in Spanish, Los Estibadores de San Diego, nicknamed the Estebans). Named after San Diego's thriving port and maritime culture, San Diego has been Los Angeles' little brother for as long as both cities have existed, so having them as a minor league team makes sense. Their logo and three out of their four jerseys cop.. err take inspiration from the Olympians while still retaining some originality with the addition of light blue to represent their ocean. The wings on the logo are replaced with a port crane. Their jerseys are simplified versions of their parent club, but their City jersey honors the Spanish heritage and culture of San Diego by changing their name to the Estibadores.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

3/24/2021 10:32 pm  #664

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Enigmajones wrote:

Did you clone him? Because I think he was hired by Kansas City already.

f--k, my bad. I'll think of someone else.

3/24/2021 10:52 pm  #665

EnigmatiCorps corrects its mistake, by offering the Head Coaching job, to David Robinson, one of the greatest to ever play for the Texas Jackalopes.

3/25/2021 1:50 pm  #666

When the Vancouver Caribou joined the AltBA, they shared the Vancouver Civic Auditorium with the AltHL’s Vancouver Glaciers until the Caribou moved out in 2017 to build a new stadium further north. That stadium was completed in the fall of 2017 and would be called the KF11 Coliseum after the owning group of the Caribou.

3/25/2021 6:42 pm  #667

The Anchorage Anchors have revealed their logo and uniforms

3/25/2021 9:58 pm  #668

And yes, the arena seating is set up similar to Medieval TImes (dinner and tournament). Jousting is halftime entertainment. 

As I posted I decided that the G-League team will not be the Tidewater Torpedoes. Logos and uniforms are coming soon. 

Last edited by Gritty (3/25/2021 10:07 pm)

3/26/2021 12:21 am  #669

Green Bay, WI

Dan O'Mac heads to a microphone setup outside Green Bay's Resch Center, home of the USHL's Green Bay Gamblers and the Green Bay Phoenix men's basketball team.

Dan: Ladies and gentlemen, I stand before you the owner of two successful sports franchises in the AltFL's New York Emperors and the AltBA's Pittsburgh Hammers. With the AltGL forming, you heard the announcement that I will be bringing professional sports to my hometown, the city of Green Bay, Wisconsin. Being that O'Mac and Sons Entertainment Enterprises is based right here, it only made sense. As this is our headquarters, I intend to be just as hands on with the day-to-day operations of the Papermakers as I am with the Hammers and Emperors. Today, I want to show you both the logo and jerseys for your Green Bay Papermakers!

Dan makes a show of pulling a cord, dropping a large covering of the Resch Center windows showing the logo for the Papermakers. Kid O'Mac 1 and 2 come out then, the older wearing the home cream jersey and the younger the road greens.

Dan: With Georgia-Pacific signed on as a sponsor of the Papermakers, we will ensure that the Papermakers put a great product on the court for you to come and enjoy at a family friendly price. Bring the kids to get out of those Wisconsin winter evenings!

With that, Dan and kids head off.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/26/2021 7:15 am  #670

Gritty wrote:

And yes, the arena seating is set up similar to Medieval TImes (dinner and tournament). Jousting is halftime entertainment. 

As I posted I decided that the G-League team will not be the Tidewater Torpedoes. Logos and uniforms are coming soon. 

I was hoping you'd go the Medieval Times route!  

Board footera