Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2021 4:06 pm  #421

Re: AltBA Design Thread

Just a reminder that the deadline for GROUP C is tomorrow at NOON PT. If you need a little extra time please let me know. I'll be aiming to post the polls Saturday night. 

2/06/2021 6:39 pm  #422

Alright everyone! It is time for Group C! 

Thank you to all of the designers who have participated and submitted their logos in the new format. It has made my job so much easier to compile everything. Once again we have another strong set. I found this set interesting as you can see that a lot of people were thinking along the same lines. 

The Poll! 
https://forms.gle/Kg2sxPzUXpJ3Zvco8

The Group C Finals will be tomorrow, Super Bowl Sunday! So keep an eye out. 

The Group D submissions will be due the same time next Saturday. Once again if you'd like more time just reach out and we'll work things out. 

HONOLULU KAHUNAS
OMAHA BARNSTORMERS
INDIANA CARDINALS
NEW YORK SENTINELS
BOSTON SCHOONERS
ALBUQUERQUE INVADERS

2/06/2021 7:30 pm  #423

Man, we are getting absolutely spoiled with these logos! Even though I submitted quite a few of my own, I really had to think about my choice every time, outstanding stuff as always everyone!

2/06/2021 7:43 pm  #424

QCS wrote:

Man, we are getting absolutely spoiled with these logos! Even though I submitted quite a few of my own, I really had to think about my choice every time, outstanding stuff as always everyone!

I agree. On many occasions for the AltBA I have voted against myself. 

2/07/2021 2:08 pm  #425

Time for the GROUP C Finals! 

https://forms.gle/4k8JaMtHq4DGCDf36

Some surprises here I think. I usually have been good at predicted the wisdom of the community but this time it was tough. 

A is on the left and B is on the right. 

2/07/2021 3:04 pm  #426

That yellow and blue Jackalopes logo reminds me of the Friday Night Lights tv show

2/08/2021 10:53 am  #427

After 6 decisive polls...we have our 6 winners. The community thought together on this group. 

Congrats to the designers:
Philadelphia Gladiators - 3pointtally
Baltimore Lancers - Gritty
Pittsburgh Hammers- QCS
Texas Jackalopes - 3pointtally
Kansas City Marshals - Steelman
San Jose Cyborgs - Darknes

6 more teams to go to finish up the Logo Round...
Honolulu Kahunas
Albuquerque Invaders
Omaha Barnstormers
Indiana Cardinals
New York Sentinels
Boston Schooners

Last edited by Gritty (2/08/2021 10:55 am)

2/08/2021 11:13 am  #428

Congrats to the designers. We have a few really nice logos out there I'm excited to try and grab!

Gritty, it still seems odd to me that we have a "north" feeling division with Vancouver, Seattle, Denver, and Omaha, and a "south" feeling division with Texas, New Orleans, Kansas City and Minnesota. It feels to me like Minnesota and Omaha should be swapped. I don't know if I'm the only one, but Minnesota seems out of place with the other three teams in their division, and Omaha and Kansas City seem like they'd be more geographical rivals, in my opinion.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

2/08/2021 12:08 pm  #429

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Congrats to the designers. We have a few really nice logos out there I'm excited to try and grab!

Gritty, it still seems odd to me that we have a "north" feeling division with Vancouver, Seattle, Denver, and Omaha, and a "south" feeling division with Texas, New Orleans, Kansas City and Minnesota. It feels to me like Minnesota and Omaha should be swapped. I don't know if I'm the only one, but Minnesota seems out of place with the other three teams in their division, and Omaha and Kansas City seem like they'd be more geographical rivals, in my opinion.

I agree with Dan here, Omaha and Minnesota should swap divisions. For me Omaha seems like they would make a great rivalry with Kansas City since Omaha is closer to everyone else in the Division than Minnesota is.

2/08/2021 12:27 pm  #430

I'm willing to swap them. That makes sense. It was a coin flip for me. I, being from Colorado was thinking in terms of Nebraska and Colorado being neighbors. 

Board footera