Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2021 10:24 am  #391

Re: AltBA Design Thread

Congrats to everyone who won the logo submissions! As for alignment, I would swap Omaha and Minnesota because Omaha seems closer to New Orleans, KC and Texas then Minne in my opinion.

1/25/2021 3:19 pm  #392

Nice!  This league's off to a great start appearance wise so far!  Great work everyone!  Can't wait to see the next batch!

1/25/2021 4:38 pm  #393

I wish I could take full credit for that logo, but it was Darknes who gave me the idea for it. But we're off to a great start, I'm glad I was able to get a winner in already.

1/25/2021 8:10 pm  #394

QCS wrote:

I wish I could take full credit for that logo, but it was Darknes who gave me the idea for it. But we're off to a great start, I'm glad I was able to get a winner in already.

Pain.

1/25/2021 8:29 pm  #395

QCS wrote:

Thanks to Darknes, because I absolutely love how it steered away from Paul Bunyan and instead became a reference to Jötunns (Scandinavian Giants).

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

1/25/2021 8:50 pm  #396

Section30 wrote:

QCS wrote:

Pain.

In exchange, I'm sure your Charlotte logo will win. Everything will remain perfectly balanced.

1/26/2021 9:25 am  #397

With the Bulldogs, Mustangs and Spirits logos that won, and a team called the Cardinals still to come, Division 6 is going to be very red-centric. Especially with the Bulldogs and Mustangs also having a light blue as well. It'll be interesting to see how all that red gets differentiated.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

1/26/2021 11:47 am  #398

Dan O'Mac wrote:

With the Bulldogs, Mustangs and Spirits logos that won, and a team called the Cardinals still to come, Division 6 is going to be very red-centric. Especially with the Bulldogs and Mustangs also having a light blue as well. It'll be interesting to see how all that red gets differentiated.

Yeah, that'll be fun to see how we do this.  There's definitely a few ways to do this.  The Bulldogs could be designed with the Houston Oilers in mind and focus more on light blue and white, minimizing the use of red to outlines. 

The Mustangs should absolutely utilize navy blue (since it's in the background of the logo anyway) as their primary color.  They could go white as a secondary color and just leave light blue and red to the logo, (or do the opposite and embrace navy, red, light blue, and white, which could be very fun to look at too!). 

The Spirits seem destined to be a red team, (unless someone gets clever and gives them an old school Tampa Bay Buccaneers look with a cream-sickle orange primary, please, please, please, lol!), so making them different from the Cardinals probably comes down to the secondary colors, (Cardinals could use black and maybe throw in a little yellow as a third color, for example), but it definitely could be done easily.  Really excited to see how that works out!

1/26/2021 3:30 pm  #399

Will there be a location for the winning logos for those that want to get a head start on uniforms?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

1/26/2021 8:00 pm  #400

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Will there be a location for the winning logos for those that want to get a head start on uniforms?

I'll create a google drive this week with the winning logos and what not so that people can get a jump start. 

Board footera