Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2021 6:52 pm  #331

Re: AltBA Design Thread

New Mexico Massacre- Just alliteration.

Boston Bees- A reference to the old name of the Boston Braves.

The Hawaii Islanders- Simple name.

New York Silverbacks- The Bronx Zoo has a Gorilla exhibit.

Omaha O's- Not sure what O's stands for, but I like the name.

Indianapolis Capitals- Its the state capital.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

1/09/2021 7:15 pm  #332

Albuquerque Cobras - Go for the animal angle on this one
New York Express - I want to express that I like this name #cool
Omaha Rampage - Could use Bison or Rams as a look for the team, wanted something cool and aggressive
Indiana Apollos - Greek things = Cool Things (*insert QCS reference) 
Honolulu Riptide - Liked Riptide name and like an ocean-related name for a Hawaii based team, and well it's cool if you haven't caught on already
Boston Buccaneers - Arrrr *pirate noises*

Last edited by Wallflower (1/09/2021 8:58 pm)

1/09/2021 7:20 pm  #333

Wallflower wrote:

Omaha Rampage - Could use Bison or Rams as a look for the team, wanted something cool and aggressive
Indiana Checkers - Racing, definitely not taking another idea from a Charlotte-based team or user. 
Honolulu Riptide - Liked Riptide name and like an ocean-related name for a Hawaii based team, and well it's cool if you haven't caught on already

XBA uses that name, I was just noticing.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/09/2021 7:27 pm  #334

Sevsdast wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Indiana Checkers - Racing, definitely not taking another idea from a Charlotte-based team or user. 

Which name?

1/09/2021 7:39 pm  #335

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Which name?

Riptide, name of the old Dallas Barons who got relocated.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/09/2021 7:41 pm  #336

Albuquerque Dukes: Albuquerque is nicknamed the Duke City.

Hawaiian Sea Turtles: I really like the turtle idea and while Sea Turtles could be seen as a little more amateurish, I'll take a shot at it.

Omaha Antelopes: I got the idea from whoever submitted Rangers, with that "where the deer and antelope play" line from the song.   Sooooo, Antelopes.

Boston Breakers: I always liked the old USFL Breakers team, which did debut in Boston if I remember right.  Breakers refers to the waves by the way, not the circuits, (given Boston is a coastal city, it works).

New York Mammoths: Going with the giant theme for New York city.  

Indiana Cardinals: Indiana's state bird is the Cardinal, which is a pretty popular nickname for sports teams!

Last edited by Stickman (1/09/2021 7:42 pm)

1/09/2021 7:55 pm  #337

Boston Bards (Boston is the cradle of American literature, with Emerson, Thoreau, Hawthorne, Fuller, Lowell and Longfellow having written there and met in the Old Corner Bookstore)
Hawaii Humuhumunukunukuapua'a (Hawaii's state fish.  If you can fit this name on a jersey, you are a MASTER designe-if not, just use their short name, the "Humuhumus")
Indiana Express (Indianapolis was home to the world's very first union station, built in 1848)
Nebraska Meadowlarks (Nebraska's state bird, also the name of the most famous Harlem Globetrotter)
New Mexico Riddlers (New Mexico is the only state to have an official state question ("Red or green?") and also has a city named after a quiz show (Truth or Consequences)) 
New York Ballers (birthplace of hip-hop and streetball, known for the world-famous Rucker Court)

1/09/2021 8:11 pm  #338

Sevsdast wrote:

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Which name?

Riptide, name of the old Dallas Barons who got relocated.

As far as I know, the XBA is a fictional league (so I really don't think they fall into the rules), and if you go with that argument, I will call you out for using the Indiana Victors of my own NAAF. 

1/09/2021 8:22 pm  #339

Albuquerque Blaze
Honolulu Barracudas
Omaha Pioneers
Boston Trains
New York Records
Indiana Stags

Last edited by ANDY! (1/09/2021 8:55 pm)

1/09/2021 8:51 pm  #340

ANDY! wrote:

Albuquerque Heat

Unfortunately, Miami's NBA team might have just beaten to that name.

Board footera