Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/05/2021 10:23 pm  #211

Re: AltBA Design Thread

sportsfan7 wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Can we just stop and admire how many names have a reference to QCS here? Dudes got some sway in this community!

To the best of my knowledge, I have never interacted with anyone else that I know is from the Carolinas.

I'm pretty sure ~Bear is from SC.

1/05/2021 10:33 pm  #212

Atlanta Express (The city was founded as a railroad terminus, but the name can also reference the world's busiest airport)
Carolina Captains (nautical reference, rolls off the tongue easily)
Los Angeles Comets (LA is full of "long-haired stars")
New Orleans Bounce (NOLA is the home of bounce music (a hip-hop subgenre), their first NBA team was named after a local music genre there too...and a basketball bounces)
Vancouver Victors (another old-school nickname for an AltSports' league's sole Canadian team)
Washington Warbirds (references the Pentagon and the Air and Space Museum)

1/06/2021 2:13 am  #213

New Orleans Privateers - The War of 1812 included the Battle of New Orleans, where privateers (basically legal pirates) helped fight for the US in their victory.
Vancouver Pacifics - Vancouver is on the Pacific Ocean and grew when the Canadian Pacific Railway was built to connect British Columbia to Eastern Canada in the 1880s.
Los Angeles Pilots - For the Los Angeles Airport and the importance of pilots to Hollywood TV shows.
Washington Eagles - For the national bird of the United States that it also featured on many federal government seals and such. Color scheme could be red, white, and blue, or blue and bronze like federal seals.
Atlanta Capitals - Atlanta is the capital of Georgia and referred to as the "Capital of the American South" according to Wikipedia, so this could work (though my vote is for Firebirds...). Capitals could also refer to the importance Atlanta has played in the Civil Rights Movement as well.
Charlotte Maroons - The Queen City should be named appropriately, but names such as the Royals and Monarchs were already suggested. Why not go for a similarly classic Maroons name, which evokes the regal color of royalty in its name.

1/06/2021 5:47 am  #214

New Orleans Rougarou- Named after the swamp werewolf of Cajun legend.

DC Capitols- Pretty classic, logo could be the Capitol building.

Vancouver Vultures- Just alliteration.

Atlanta Embers- Sort of like the Flames.

Los Angeles Seraphs- Sort of a play on angels, and its not already used.

Charlotte Spirit- The original planned name for the Hornets, might work.

Last edited by Enigmajones (1/06/2021 6:16 am)

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

1/06/2021 7:56 am  #215

Megildur wrote:

New Orleans Privateers - The War of 1812 included the Battle of New Orleans, where privateers (basically legal pirates) helped fight for the US in their victory.
Vancouver Pacifics - Vancouver is on the Pacific Ocean and grew when the Canadian Pacific Railway was built to connect British Columbia to Eastern Canada in the 1880s.
Los Angeles Pilots - For the Los Angeles Airport and the importance of pilots to Hollywood TV shows.
Washington Eagles - For the national bird of the United States that it also featured on many federal government seals and such. Color scheme could be red, white, and blue, or blue and bronze like federal seals.
Atlanta Capitals - Atlanta is the capital of Georgia and referred to as the "Capital of the American South" according to Wikipedia, so this could work (though my vote is for Firebirds...). Capitals could also refer to the importance Atlanta has played in the Civil Rights Movement as well.
Charlotte Maroons - The Queen City should be named appropriately, but names such as the Royals and Monarchs were already suggested. Why not go for a similarly classic Maroons name, which evokes the regal color of royalty in its name.

No can do, the University of New Orleans wants to talk to you.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/06/2021 8:29 am  #216

New Orleans Crawfish

Washington Senators

Vancouver Canadians

Georgia South Stars

North Carolina Ravens

Los Angeles Rush

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

1/06/2021 10:39 am  #217

QCS wrote:

Washington - Washington Blossoms. Cherry blossoms line the streets of the nation's capital.

Curious, with the issue surrounding the Carolina Reapers and the AltHL minor league team named the Reapers, would the Blossoms be allowed? Or would you have to change the minor league branding?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

1/06/2021 10:40 am  #218

Dan O'Mac wrote:

QCS wrote:

Washington - Washington Blossoms. Cherry blossoms line the streets of the nation's capital.

Curious, with the issue surrounding the Carolina Reapers and the AltHL minor league team named the Reapers, would the Blossoms be allowed? Or would you have to change the minor league branding?

Since it's my own team, I'm allowing it. If the name wins, I'll simply change the minor league team.

1/06/2021 10:49 am  #219

QCS wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

QCS wrote:

Since it's my own team, I'm allowing it. If the name wins, I'll simply change the minor league team.

It doesn't Matter, the Blossoms are the name of the triple A Affiliate of the Denver Bighorns.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/06/2021 11:00 am  #220

Sevsdast wrote:

QCS wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

It doesn't Matter, the Blossoms are the name of the triple A Affiliate of the Denver Bighorns.

Oh, you mean the Denver Bighorns that is QCS's team? That he named the AAA affiliate for? That he's saying wouldn't be a conflict if selected?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera