Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/27/2019 3:44 pm  #41

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Section30 wrote:

RoughRiders9 wrote:

Hello there! 

Glad to see this league still up and running! Too bad about CCSLC, but it looks like it'll be a better place around here! More friendly and we all understand each other. 

Keep it up and I'll be around for sure! Glad to have my first-ever post to be in this thread  

Let's go, Minnesota! 

Great to see you found the new site, I think it'll be pretty cool having our own little group of people with similar interests that all kinda have the same idea of how things should go.

I'm excited to see what you come up!

Thanks!! I have no idea what I'm planning on doing here, but I'm thinking about "rebooting" my Solar League again but that's just an idea rattling around my head. My Solar League thread actually ended at perfect 50 years, so it might be a good time to start it up again if I have a strong history recap in the opening post. 

Question: It've been a while since I've read your thread. Can you tell me which one were on CCSLC and which one are "new" to this forum? I want to see where it started/ended! Thanks! 

5/28/2019 10:36 pm  #42

Accidental Double Post, ignore.

Last edited by Section30 (5/28/2019 10:48 pm)

5/28/2019 10:38 pm  #43

RoughRiders9 wrote:

Question: It've been a while since I've read your thread. Can you tell me which one were on CCSLC and which one are "new" to this forum? I want to see where it started/ended! Thanks! 

I archived all of my writings and graphics from the CCSLC and have started over on here. So the posts I have made since starting this thread were also the early posts over there. I hope to be able to begin making new teams and continuing the story in a month or two, once I finish my current concept series on the CCSLC.

5/28/2019 11:24 pm  #44

There were no changes to any teams before the season so lets just jump into things. The regular season ended with a few story lines. In the Iron Range, the Black Bears reminded everyone of the teams that went back to back as they dominated the regular season, finishing above the defending champs. In the Lake Superior League, the Voyageurs came out much better than in their rookie season, finishing above their big brothers. And finally, down in the Cities the Vulcans did their best Ely impersonation and came out hard, winning their league.

5/28/2019 11:24 pm  #45

The playoffs arrived and there were quite a few upsets.Knockout Round:

• The Superior Lakers upset the Voyageurs to advance to the second round.
  • The reigning champs advance past the lowly Greyhounds.
  • Ever-dominant Minneapolis easily advances past the Victorias.
  • The Duluth Hornets beat the Rangers in the wildcard bracket

Second Round:

• The Lakers Cinderella run continues as they defeat the powerful Broncos 2 games to 1.
  • The Black Bears are able to fight off the champs and advance to the semi finals.
  • The Vulcans continued their excellent season by sweeping the rival Millers.
  • South St. Paul knocks out the Hornets and advances to the semi finals yet again.

Semi Finals:

• The Ely Black Bears end the incredible run from the Lakers and advance to the finals.
  • A very hard fought series sees the Vulcans getting the better of the Mavericks 2-1.

The finals will feature two very familiar teams, will the Black Bears win their third Kellogg Cup or will the Vulcans stay hot and win their second?

5/28/2019 11:25 pm  #46

Game 1: The Black Bears veteran core stayed calm under the pressure of game one and led the team to an easy 4-1 victory.Game 2: Ely continued to roll, shutting down Tscheda and the Vulcans and winning game 2.Game 3: Feeling their shot at a championship slip, the Vulcans gave it everything they had and were able to squeak out a 4-3 win and stay alive.\Game 4: The Vulcans fed off the momentum from their previous win and yet again squeaked out a win against the Black Bears.Game 5: With the series back in Ely, the city was buzzing and hoping for another Cup win. The sell out crowd was not let down as their Black Bears dominated the game from start to finish, winning the game 2-1 as well as their third Kellogg Cup!

5/28/2019 11:26 pm  #47

Before the 1925/26 season only one team made adjustments to their look.

The Chisholm Flames dropped their text only "logo" for a flaming C. (This was hard for me, trying to make a flaming C that wasn't like Calgary, but I think it turned out pretty good). They also added a maroon jersey to match their gold, as well as adjusting the striping to fit the new logo.

5/28/2019 11:26 pm  #48

After the 1925/26 season there were a couple of surprises, but overall things stayed mostly the same. There were no changes at all in the Lake Superior League. In the Iron Range, the story was all about the surprise run from the Reds, a team who has been a bottom dweller the last few years but jumped to finish third in the league this season. Down in the Cities there wasn't much that changed, the main takeaways would be the rise of a young Victorias teams, and the decline of the Mighty Millers. 

5/28/2019 11:27 pm  #49

Knockout Round:

• The playoff experience of the Rangers helped them win and advance against a young Reds team.
  • The Mavericks easily defeat the aging Millers on their way to playing the hated Vulcans.
  • The Voyageurs learned from last year and didn't allow back to back upsets from Superior.
  • An up and coming Victorias team beat the Hornets in the wildcard bracket.

Second Round:

• Ely looks determined to go back to back yet again as they beat the Rangers 2 games to 1.
  • The Vulcans easily sweep the South St. Paul Mavericks to meet Ely in the next round in a rematch of last years finals.
  • Cloquet shows they are a force to be dealt with as they sweep Duluth.
  • Virginia leans on their experience and edges out a series win against the St. Paul Victorias.

Semi Finals:

• The Ely Black Bears remind the Vulcans why they won last year by completely dominating the series and advancing to another finals.
  • The Cloquet Broncos keep proving they are the real deal after beating the Royals, they now have a date with Ely in the Kellogg Cup Finals.

The finals will feature the defending champs from Ely, and the challengers from Cloquet. Will the Black Bears go back to back yet again, or will the Broncos get their first Kellogg Cup?

5/28/2019 11:28 pm  #50

Game 1: Cloquet came out aggressive, firing everything on net. This tactic worked as they won the game 3-2 on the road.Game 2: Ely needed to win this game to stay alive, and they did just that. Scoring the one goal of the game 6 minutes into the second period and playing shut down D allowed the Black Bears to tie the series up and 1 apiece.Game 3: At home in front of a packed house, the Broncos overwhelmed Ely with their offensive attack, putting up 4 goals to take back the series lead.Game 4: The atmosphere for game 4 was crazy, you could feel how much Bronco fans wanted the cup. Luckily for them their boys did just that. Winning the game 2-0 and clinching their first Kellogg Cup on home ice.

Board footera