Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/08/2022 2:42 am  #2871

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

North Oaks is a gated community in the northeast part of the twin cities and is set to join the NEHA. With their status as a gated community, North Oaks has a reputation for being a very wealthy and is likely to be disliked by most of their leaguemates because of this. The Acorns will play their home games at the 600 seat North Oaks Recreation Center.

The team will be called the "Acorns", playing off the towns name, North Oaks. Their logo is a simple roundel with the town name surrounding an Acorn in the team colors of Brown and Green.

10/08/2022 2:52 am  #2872

New Prague (Pronounced New Pregg) is a historic town a little south of the Twin Cities with a population of about 3,500. They are set to join the Blue Earth Hockey League and will play their home games at 500 seat New Prague Community Center.

The team will be called the "Bohemians" in honor of the towns founders who came from Bohemia (now the Czech Republic). The Bohs logo is a shield with a two tailed Bohemian Lion inside. Their secondary logo is an NP monogram for New Prague that includes a Czech flag making up part of the P. The White Lions jerseys and colors are inspired by the Czech national team, adopting an official color scheme of Red, White, and Blue.

10/08/2022 3:00 am  #2873

Barnesville is a town in northwest Minnesota with a population of 2,000 set to join the Itasca Hockey Association. The Spuds will play their home games at the Clay County Fairgrounds which can fit 1,000.

The team will be called the "Spuds", named after the towns most famous product. Barnesville is home to the Barnesville Potato Days which bring tens of thousands to this small town every year to celebrate everything potatoes. Barnesville is located in the Red River Valley which is famous for having land perfect for growing potatoes. The Spuds have a fairly simple brand, using a Blocky B logo along with a Spuds wordmark on their uniforms. Their official team colors are Spud Brown and Orange.

That concludes the 1988 Offseason, let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

10/08/2022 3:23 am  #2874

The expansion teams look fantastic, I really like Glencoe’s logo. Oh and more Canadian teams is great to see as well. I don’t want to impose but an updated version of my Canadian teams sig would be great.

10/08/2022 9:14 am  #2875

These expansion teams are so good! Dayton, New Prague, and Champlin are my favourites.

10/08/2022 11:32 am  #2876

Actually laughed out loud at the Checking Czech. Brilliant work.

While I'm here, well done on this new batch of releases! Glencoe is probably my favorite overall look out of the bunch, but I really really love that Mariners logo. Cool to see a little bit of the rest of the sports universe too with the Springers. Good stuff all around!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/08/2022 2:30 pm  #2877

North Oaks is probably my favorite, all of them are really nice, great job as always!

10/08/2022 2:48 pm  #2878

Section30 wrote:

Well, well, well. Look at you. There ain't enough room in this state for three meese! Or there is.... but I do know you are definitely not a bull. Unless... did our army add an espionage division to the ranks? Time to get loose behind enemy lines!

10/10/2022 8:04 am  #2879

Mmmmm... Waconia and Glencoe? Heck yeah.

9/20/2023 11:06 am  #2880

Board footera