Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2019 12:23 pm  #241

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

The MAHL is back baby! I have revamped all of the graphics and am excited to get this rolling again. 

There were a few announcements prior to the 1958/59 season. 

• The Twin Cities Vulcans tweaked their logo and introduced new uniforms.
  • The Thief River Falls Railers get new uniforms for the first time.
  • Three new expansion teams will join the League this year, Two to the Northland and one to the Granite.

I have decided to stop posting All-Star Games, I just don’t think they’re vital to the story line. Though the league will still have the game every year in their fictional world.

I also updated the original post to include a link to the logo and uniform archive as well as updated team logos and map graphics!

Last edited by Section30 (8/03/2019 1:44 pm)

8/03/2019 12:29 pm  #242

The Twin Cities Vulcans made their first ever logo change (as minor as it may be) by reducing the size of the yellow outline on their logo. 

The Vulcans also made changes to their uniforms, introducing the first white jersey in their history and changing the striping a bit as well.

New 

Old

Last edited by Section30 (8/03/2019 12:31 pm)

8/03/2019 12:35 pm  #243

The Thief River Falls Railers changed their uniforms for the first time in the teams history.

The stripes along the top of the old jerseys are minimized to a set of stripes on both shoulders, this stripe style is copied on the sleeves and hem.

New

Old

Last edited by Section30 (8/03/2019 12:35 pm)

8/03/2019 12:49 pm  #244

Baudette is a small town of just over 1,000 located on the Northern border of the state where the locals have grown up playing hockey on Lake of the Woods. 

The name "Walleye" was picked to represent the cities nickname as the "Walleye Capital of the World". Their colors are forest green and white, similar colors to the fish

Last edited by Section30 (8/03/2019 1:29 pm)

8/03/2019 1:00 pm  #245

Next up we have the St. Cloud Storm who are set to join the Granite Hockey League. St. Cloud is too large of a market to only have one team. With so many people in the city and not enough teams people started looking into playing for Sauk Rapids until a group got together and decided to just form their own St. Cloud team, the St. Cloud Storm. Due to being made up of Bear Cat rejects I wouldn't expect the Storm to do very well in their first few seasons, but it should get better as the years go on.

The team will be called the "Storm" and their colors are blue and yellow.

Last edited by Section30 (8/03/2019 1:29 pm)

8/03/2019 1:04 pm  #246

Section30 wrote:

Next up we have the St. Cloud Storm who are set to join the Granite Hockey League. St. Cloud is too large of a market to only have one team. With so many people in the city and not enough teams people started looking into playing for Sauk Rapids until a group got together and decided to just form their own St. Cloud team, the St. Cloud Storm. Due to being made up of Bear Cat rejects I wouldn't expect the Storm to do very well in their first few seasons, but it should get better as the years go on.

The team will be called the "Storm" and their colors are blue and yellow.

So with players having looked into playing for Sauk Rapids, and instead starting a new St. Cloud team, will the Tornadoes see a hit to the talent they put on the ice?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/03/2019 1:16 pm  #247

Steinbach Manitoba is a town of about 4,000 in the south eastern part of the Province. =13.3333pxNot too far from some other teams in the Northland League, the Barbarians will be a natural fit in the league and could potentially be a threat from the get go.

The name "Barbarians" was picked to represent the cities deep Germanic roots. The Barbarians logo is a roundel with the team name on it and a Windmill in the center and their colors are black, red and yellow. The Windmill is actually meant to represent an actual windmill in the city. Steinbach has actually had Windmills in the city dating back to 1877.

Last edited by Section30 (8/03/2019 1:16 pm)

8/03/2019 1:18 pm  #248

Dan O'Mac wrote:

So with players having looked into playing for Sauk Rapids, and instead starting a new St. Cloud team, will the Tornadoes see a hit to the talent they put on the ice?

There were only a couple of people that actually played with the Tornados so I wouldn't expect any drastic changes for them.

8/03/2019 3:23 pm  #249

Wow, can’t believe that template hasn’t gotten praise yet. I have seen variations like it but I’m guessing this is your take on it? I’d only suggest making the guy a little thicker in the torso because he is a tad top heavy, but other than that it is a great base to showcase your talent.

8/03/2019 3:27 pm  #250

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Wow, can’t believe that template hasn’t gotten praise yet. I have seen variations like it but I’m guessing this is your take on it? I’d only suggest making the guy a little thicker in the torso because he is a tad top heavy, but other than that it is a great base to showcase your talent.

Thank you, and yeah it is a variation of a couple other templates that I have seen I made for this series.

I realized that it was also a little thicker up at the top when I first made the template but I realized that the amount of work it would take to change all of the layers and points in illustrator would take too much time for it to be worth it. I just like to imaging they're wearing thick shoulder pads 

Board footera