Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2021 8:58 pm  #2411

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Hastings introduced an update to their classic ship wheel logo. The handles are updated and include crossed hockey sticks. The middle features a Boston Bruins style spoked H logo for Hastings.

The Rivermen get all new jerseys, keeping the gold helmets and breezers. The striping is noticeably larger on the new jerseys and include shoulder colors and striping. Their new logo replaces the arched Hastings of their old jerseys on the front of the sweater.

4/18/2021 9:20 pm  #2412

The Minneapolis Millers adjusted their iconic M logo this offseason. The logo retains the same general look of the old one, simply thickening the outline and shrinking the form horizontally to be more alike their logos from the 1910's and 20's.

The Millers traditional barber pole striping remains unchanged, they did bring back the breezer striping they had back from 54-65. The jersey cut is changed to have rounded shoulders and laces, the collar is also now orange on both jerseys. Sleeve numbers are changed to match the back numbers being orange with an outline.

4/18/2021 9:26 pm  #2413

Mora adjusted their brand a bit this offseason, embracing their Dala Red as the teams primary color as well as introducing an updated stand alone Dala Horse logo and Mora wordmark found on their uniforms.

The Dalas went all out with a bold new look that uses a lot more of their Water Tower Blue and Dala Red. The new Dala logo sits on the shoulders with the Mora wordmark on the front with the players number beneath. 

4/18/2021 9:31 pm  #2414

The Mountain Iron Cougars updated their MI monogram logo this offseason, removing the outline and giving each letter a color, black for the M (white on a black background) and gold for the I.

The Cougars new uniforms have an angled mountain pattern at the hem and on the arms due to the towns name of Mountain Iron.

4/18/2021 9:41 pm  #2415

Stillwater has had the same logo and uniforms for the past 20 years, so the team decided it was time to freshen up their look a bit. The shamrock that they have used since their inception gets a facelift and the word "Vols" arched across it. The logo keeps the roundel theme from their past logo though the center is now gold with a blue outline and the team name is gone.

Stillwater has a history of wearing barber pole striping, dating all the way back to the days of the Stillwater Athletic Club. The Volunteers took this history and put a modern spin on it, using a two toned chest stripe like Ely, but also having stripes on the hem to give it a barber pole feel. The Vols new logo sits on the front of the jerseys with a new number font moved from the chest to the sleeves.

4/18/2021 9:51 pm  #2416

West St. Paul gives their iconic W an update, removing the banner with the city name on it. A wave among the bottom of the W fills the middle of the letter with the banner removed.

The Waves weren't done at the new logo though, going for a complete redesign uniform wise. WSP is going all in on powder blue, adopting it as their primary color at home and on their helmets. The striping is changed to a classic hockey style and the breezers get strips to match. The new logo sits on the front of both sweaters with white details at home and powder blue on the road.

I'm gonna leave it here for the night, we'll get to the expansion squads tomorrow!

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

4/18/2021 10:03 pm  #2417

Solid updates all around!

My favourites have to be West St. Paul and Stillwater.

4/18/2021 10:10 pm  #2418

NoE38 wrote:

Solid updates all around!

My favourites have to be West St. Paul and Stillwater.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them! 

4/19/2021 4:37 am  #2419

Stillwater has that Sens vibe to it. And the new logo looks fantastic as well. I'm glad the Vols moved from a generic roundel logo and let the shamrock be the piece of their identity.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

4/19/2021 8:16 am  #2420

I support these changes. They look rad. I especially like Mora's lean into the red.

Board footera