Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2021 3:54 pm  #2321

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Chanhassen is a city exploding in population, currently sitting at over 7,000 compared to 244 in 1960. Chan is located west of Eden Prairie and will be joining the newly formed Hennepin Hockey League. The Badgers will play their home games outdoors at City Center Park Rink.

The team will go by the "Badgers" thanks to a suggestion by a founding member who attended UW-Madison. The Badgers will adopt a similar color scheme to Wisco, donning red and white, but black is also added and is a key element of their identity. Their logo is a roundel with the team name and a Badger head inside. That Badger logo sits on the front of the sweaters with a secondary C logo on the shoulders for Chanhassen.

2/12/2021 4:06 pm  #2322

Chaska is a city right next to Chanhassen that is just a tad larger sitting at around 9,000 people at this point in time. Chaska is a city with a long and storied history, but with it's population growing they decided it was time to get a team. The Chiefs will play their home games outdoors at Veterans Park while the city works on an indoor sheet.

They will be called the "Chiefs", a reference to the long history of Native American inhabitance in the area. There is evidence of ancient Mound Builders living here, as well as Dakota peoples calling what became Chaska home for hundreds of years. The name "Chaska" actually comes from the Dakota name often given to first born male children. This along with the alliteration led to the teams decision to become the second MAHL team named Chiefs (Red Wing being the other). Their color scheme is a simple purple and white.

2/12/2021 4:06 pm  #2323

2/12/2021 4:16 pm  #2324

Just poppin' in to let you know I'm back (been busy at my new job-about to head to work again)...caught up with the Wiki, and once again, you are MASTERING every new aesthetic I'm seeing this offseason.

Heading back home in about seven hours, so I'll post a detailed review then...but you know where to e-mail 'em all at. 

2/12/2021 4:17 pm  #2325

Lino Lakes is a town of nearly 6,000 located a little east of Blaine and will be joining the Northeast Hockey Association. The Herons will share a home with Blaine at 800 seat Blaine Civic Center.

They will be called the "Herons", a reference to the symbol of the city. Great Blue Herons are native to Minnesota, and are especially common in the Lino Lakes area. Their logo is a flying Heron with a circle behind and their team colors are navy and powder blue to emphasize the great blue theme.

2/12/2021 4:19 pm  #2326

Burmy87 wrote:

Just poppin' in to let you know I'm back (been busy at my new job-about to head to work again)...caught up with the Wiki, and once again, you are MASTERING every new aesthetic I'm seeing this offseason.

Heading back home in about seven hours, so I'll post a detailed review then...but you know where to e-mail 'em all at. 

Glad to have you back!

2/12/2021 4:32 pm  #2327

Mahtomedi (mah-toe-me-die) is a smaller town for a metro team, sitting at about 4,000 people, but they are determined to prove the doubters wrong. Mahtomedi is on the opposite side of White Bear Lake (the lake) to White Bear Lake (the city) and is also a quick drives distance to Stillwater. The Polars will be joining the East Metro Hockey League and will play their home games at 500 seat White Bear Arena which is not far away in White Bear Lake, but with the Braves playing at the Hipp, they will have the arena all to themselves.

They will be called the "Polars", a reference to the meaning of the town name. Mahtomedi is the Dakota word for White Bear Lake, mato - grey bear, and mde - lake. Polars is shorthand for Polar Bears, which are white bears. Their logo is a stylized M with Polars underneath, and their colors are lake blue and polar white.

2/12/2021 4:44 pm  #2328

Mendota Heights is a town in the south metro with about 8,000 people. It is just across the Mississippi from St. Paul and touches both Eagan and Inver Grove Heights who are sure to become rivals competing against them in the SMHL. Speaking of IGH, the Devils will also play their home games in Inver Grove at 2,500 seat Veterans Memorial Community Center. The team decided to drop "Heights" from their name, leaving it open to including the couple hundred people living in the smaller Mendota right next door.

They will be called the "Blue Devils" and their logo is a blue pitchfork turned over to from an M for Mendota. Their uniforms are fairly simple in the team colors of blue and white, just inverted versions of one another.

2/12/2021 4:51 pm  #2329

Orono is a town of about 7,000 on the north side of Lake Minnetonka. They will be joining the Hennepin Hockey League and plan to play their home games at the 800 seat Harold J. Pond Sports Center in Mound.

They'll be called the "Orioles" for the alliteration with the city name. Their logo is a big O with crossed hockey sticks behind it in the team colors of orange and black. Orono decided to come out with Cooperalls right out of the gate, using them in their inaugural set.

2/12/2021 4:56 pm  #2330

Ramsey is a town located between Anoka and Elk River and will be joining the North Metro Hockey League. Ramsey is a pretty sizable city with over 10,000 residents. The Rams will play their home games in Anoka at the Anoka Arena Ice Arena which can fit 1,500 fans.

They will be called the "Rams" an play on the town name. Their logo is a ram head in the team colors of cardinal and gold. Their uniforms use a modified version of the logo with "Rams" arched above the head.

Board footera