Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2020 11:59 pm  #2171

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

South St. Paul is making a change to their jerseys for the first time since the mid 60s, revamping their uniforms with a new stripe style inspired by what the Mavs wore from 46-65. Four stars are also added to the back of the collar for their 4 Kellogg Cups.

12/15/2020 12:01 am  #2172

St. Peter has decided that it is time for a uniform change for the first time in team history, ditching the iconic Northwestern stripes for a new, bolder, look.

12/15/2020 12:05 am  #2173

The Wabasha Eagles introduced a completely new look for their new jerseys, switching the striping completely. Blue is demoted to an accent color with brown and white taking up the majority of the set.

12/15/2020 12:11 am  #2174

Steinbach made history this offseason by introducing the first ever third jersey in MAHL history. The Barbarians have been the only team in the MAHL to use yellow as their light jersey color for years now and allegedly have been asked by the Northland Hockey League to adopt a white jersey multiple times over the years. Steinbach was reluctant as they liked having never used white in their teams history, but they finally caved in this year when they introduced a new home and away uniform with the stipulation that they could keep their gold jersey to be worn as a third jersey option. The new jerseys are more modern than the old unis, but aren't a drastic diversion from their classic look. 

I'm gonna call it here for the night and get to the rest of the teams tomorrow

Let me know what you think of the offseason so far, comments are appreciated!

12/15/2020 9:26 am  #2175

MAHL teams are just tidying up the house. There's not a change here that is a step down.

12/15/2020 9:58 am  #2176

I really like the Rubber Kings move to the script. It looks really sharp.

Wabasha's move to really emphasize the brown/white is a good move too. It makes the blue they do use really pop.

Apple Valley's striping change isn't huge, but I want to say I'm glad they're keeping their circle on the chest. That's such a nice look for them.

I like that the Barbarians are keeping the yellow uniforms exactly the same. I do prefer the yellow to the white, but... it's not a significant difference.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/15/2020 12:35 pm  #2177

1. Seeing the Lakers get their championship accolades (banner & jerseys updated) gives me a MIGHTY great feelin' inside...WI on top, baby!
2. So happy to see my name won for the Muskrats mascot (Ken O. Porter as his full name, Kenny as his nickname)!  Also, given how progressive a state Minnesota is, it makes sense for them to ditch the Native mascot before the rest of the US catches on..
3. Fantastic job with all the trophies, too...I especially like the Cannonball, the War Drum and the Wishbone (nice to find a trophy that ties into both city's histories)
4. The tweaks are lookin' sharp too...that "Eau Claire" script looks ESPECIALLY spiffy (and particularly works for the games against Chippewa Falls).  Also excited to see the soft-launch of the third jerseys in the MAHL (I guess Steinbach will likely be a "special exception" for a while before the program's official implementation, but still).

All in all, fantastic job again...ready to see the more thorough rebrands and the new expansion teams today!

12/15/2020 4:02 pm  #2178

Thank you guys for the feedback, I'm glad the designs so far have been well received. Now let's move onto the bigger identity changes.

Bloomington West introduced a new primary logo depicting an Airedale Terrier (which the team is named after) with the old logo on the collar. The oval W remains as a secondary logo for West, with the Terrier head replacing it as their main logo.

The Terriers also revamped their uniforms, going with a new set based heavily on what their neighbors in the NHL have been wearing for the last few years. The Terrier head sits on the front with the W logos on the shoulders. Numbers are moved to the sleeves and a drop shadow is added.

12/15/2020 4:08 pm  #2179

Cannon Falls did some cleaning up to their logo, putting the Cannon in a purple and silver roundel with the team name surrounding.

The Artillery made some changes to their jerseys as well, introducing a busier stripe style and putting the new roundel logo on the front of the jersey.

12/15/2020 4:13 pm  #2180

Love the Terriers update. the "W" on the collar is a nice touch.

Board footera