Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/03/2020 12:36 am  #2141

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Semifinal Predictions

Warroad over Twin Cities
The Lakers prove why they're number 1 in a dominating win

Superior over Roseville
The Rockets fail to launch, giving the Lakers a shot at Wisconsin's second title

12/03/2020 2:03 am  #2142

I’ll go ahead and take my first hot takes in a long time and exit stage right with a 0-3 outcome. I’ll leave the big calls to the professionals! (Sportsfan that’s you)

12/03/2020 3:47 am  #2143

WI did it again!!! 

WSP was many folks' favorites to win the whole thing, but you said it best...we ARE "a damn good hockey team."  And now we're a mere two wins away from bringing the Cup back to America's Dairyland...so bring it, Roseville.

(PS: Yes, I too would love to see a Battle of the Lakers in the Final)

12/03/2020 3:50 pm  #2144

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

I’ll go ahead and take my first hot takes in a long time and exit stage right with a 0-3 outcome. I’ll leave the big calls to the professionals! (Sportsfan that’s you)

I haven't been tracking how I do, but I think I'm fairly close to .500

12/11/2020 6:43 pm  #2145

1981 Kellogg Cup Semi Finals

Warroad Lakers vs Twin Cities Vulcans
Warroad got on the board on their third shot of the game, then they extended their lead to 2 on a one time blast late in the first. The Vulcans finally got some offense going in the second, kickstarted with a powerplay goal midway through the period. The rest of the period was all Vulcans as they came marching back to tie the game at 2. Warroad wasn't comfortable being tied so they swiftly regained the lead 1:03 into the third period. Twin Cities was forced their goalie with just over a minute left down by one goal. They came inches away from tying the game, getting robbed by the knob of the goalies stick to somehow keep a shot out of the net. Warroad gained control of the puck and were able to go down and score on the empty net, securing the win and sending the Lakers to the Kellogg Cup Final with a 4-2 victory.

Roseville Rockets vs Superior Lakers
Roseville was able to answer the biggest question they had coming into this game: Can they score on Nelson? The answer to that came on a powerplay chance late in the first period where a rebound popped out to a Rocket player who was there to put it home, ending Nelson's 3 game shutout streak. Superior would net a powerplay goal of their own in the second to tie the game at 1 each after 2. The Lakers were able to convert on an intercepted pass in the offensive zone to jump out to a 2-1 lead with 13:37 left to play. Roseville survived a couple minutes of sustained Laker pressure and were able to turn the momentum in their favor a bit with a couple chances on the rush. One such chance ended with a shot ringing off the far pipe and in to tie the game at two and force overtime. Fans from both teams belted their chants as the teams returned for overtime. "Lets Go Rockets" from one side, "We Are! Superior!" from the other. The puck was dropped and we were underway. Roseville was buzzing early and nearly ending things a couple of times if it weren't for some more thievery from Arthur Nelson to keep the Lakers alive. We passed the midway point of the period with both teams having a few looks but no goals. A Rocket shot from the point was blocked by a Laker defenseman who turned it up ice with a breakout pass to a winger on the far side all alone. The Roseville defensemen raced back, but they couldn't catch the Laker who was all alone on a breakaway. He faked a shot at the top of the circle, dropping the Rocket keeper, then pulled it to his forehand and tucked it around the floundering goalkeeper into the back of the net. The goal scorer flung his stick into the air and booked it down to the far side of the ice, dodging his teammates to go mob Arthur Nelson. The Superior Lakers are heading back to the Kellogg Cup Final for the first time in over 30 years with a 3-2 overtime win over the Roseville Rockets.

12/11/2020 6:49 pm  #2146

Finals Preview

Warroad Lakers vs Superior Lakers
It's a Laker-Laker final folks! For only the second time ever, the two MAHL franchises named "Lakers" are facing off against one another. Superior won the first round meeting between the two in 1971 3-1, but these are two very different teams than they were then. Warroad is one win away from cementing themselves as one of the best teams in MAHL history, but Superior has been on a historic run with a red hot goaltender. Will the Lakers be able to keep it going and clinch their second Kellogg Cup in team history? Or will the Lakers be able to keep it going and clinch their second Kellogg Cup in team history?

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

12/11/2020 7:00 pm  #2147

Section30 wrote:

Will the Lakers be able to keep it going and clinch their second Kellogg Cup in team history? Or will the Lakers be able to keep it going and clinch their second Kellogg Cup in team history?

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

LOL! Superior for the win!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

12/11/2020 7:21 pm  #2148

My bet is on the Lakers.

12/11/2020 7:34 pm  #2149

My bet is on the Lakers.

Why you sure forget easily Scratch.

Now for some *serious* predictions

Warroad over Superior
The Lakers turn the tables on the Lakers in avoiding a repeat of 1971, as the Lakers sink the Lakers en route to the Lakers 2nd 'ship.

12/11/2020 7:38 pm  #2150

sportsfan7 wrote:

My bet is on the Lakers.

Why you sure forget easily Scratch.

Now for some *serious* predictions

Warroad over Superior
The Lakers turn the tables on the Lakers in avoiding a repeat of 1971, as the Lakers sink the Lakers en route to the Lakers 2nd 'ship.

I feel more confident with my 100/100 odds this time around

Board footera