Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/25/2020 3:51 pm  #1971

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

I'm sad to see the Moose's old logo retired, as that was a classic!  However, it was probably time for a new logo and this one is pretty solid without changing too much!  I like it!

Also, the Tappers are probably the best looking of the expansion teams!  Very nice use of striping and that logo could be a timeless classic, they just feel like a nice team to root for. 

In addtion, the Buffaloes, (or I guess the Buffs as they will probably be known as from now on) look much better.  The logo was fine and it's unusual for me to see a team go from an animal to a styled letter as their logo, but it really does work well with the Buffs.  I also dig the embracing of brown over red, red being used as a striping and outlining color works much better for them I feel.

Overall, just an excellent offseason for brown teams it seems!  

(P.S. glad the Vulcans dropped the St. Anthony part of their name, the Twin City Vulcans always sounded so much better!  Maybe now they'll go back to being a top 10 team again!)

8/25/2020 7:22 pm  #1972

Maple Grove Sap Tappers is my favorite the jerseys set is nice and the name is really catchy. I wonder if anybody can say "Maple Grove Sap Tappers" 3 times fast?

8/25/2020 9:38 pm  #1973

JamHeronArk wrote:

The Catamounts and Pirates have classic schemes, but I love the Sap Tappers! The color scheme works wonders and the rest of the brand utilizes it well.

Wallflower wrote:

Just going to echo the praise for the Tappers look, fantastic job.
Purple-Gold is a favourite colour scheme of mine and it looks great for the Cats.
Roseville and Prior Lake are strong looks too!

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I'm going to have to say the Catamounts have the best look out of them all, just barely edging out the Tappers. The color scheme is great and the Cats script feels super classy.

3pointtally wrote:

I looooove that Buffs wordmark. Looks so good on the jerseys too.

AJHFTW wrote:

Maple Grove Sap Tappers is my favorite the jerseys set is nice and the name is really catchy. I wonder if anybody can say "Maple Grove Sap Tappers" 3 times fast?

Thank you all for the kind words, I'm glad the new teams were well received!

QCS wrote:

I love the Tappers, such a different and creative brand. The script is awesome, the only thing I'd change is removing the front numbers (which I assume will be removed eventually). 

I'm glad you like them, I do see the front numbers being dropped down the line

Stickman wrote:

I'm sad to see the Moose's old logo retired, as that was a classic!  However, it was probably time for a new logo and this one is pretty solid without changing too much!  I like it!

Also, the Tappers are probably the best looking of the expansion teams!  Very nice use of striping and that logo could be a timeless classic, they just feel like a nice team to root for. 

In addtion, the Buffaloes, (or I guess the Buffs as they will probably be known as from now on) look much better.  The logo was fine and it's unusual for me to see a team go from an animal to a styled letter as their logo, but it really does work well with the Buffs.  I also dig the embracing of brown over red, red being used as a striping and outlining color works much better for them I feel.

Overall, just an excellent offseason for brown teams it seems!  

(P.S. glad the Vulcans dropped the St. Anthony part of their name, the Twin City Vulcans always sounded so much better!  Maybe now they'll go back to being a top 10 team again!)

I was wondering what you were gonna think about the change, hopefully I did the update justice lol

Here's an updated sig with the new logo if you are interested

8/25/2020 11:24 pm  #1974

I see an East Metro-style break up of the North Metro coming soon.

8/26/2020 7:23 am  #1975

sportsfan7 wrote:

I see an East Metro-style break up of the North Metro coming soon.

Maybe, maybe not (All I know is that Elk River's on a bit of an island right now)

8/27/2020 12:18 pm  #1976

Sometimes you post so many teams that I can't catch up at all! Haha. I don't have much to say about the other tweaks to the existing teams, but I love the Tappers and the Pirates! 

8/27/2020 3:06 pm  #1977

RoughRiders9 wrote:

Sometimes you post so many teams that I can't catch up at all! Haha. I don't have much to say about the other tweaks to the existing teams, but I love the Tappers and the Pirates! 

Haha, thank you

I usually try to get the whole offseason done at once to save time but I would be open to spacing it out if that helps you guys

8/27/2020 3:47 pm  #1978

Section30 wrote:

RoughRiders9 wrote:

Haha, thank you

I usually try to get the whole offseason done at once to save time but I would be open to spacing it out if that helps you guys

Nah it's okay. Do what works for you the best. I just kinda saw it at a bad time when you posted some stuff "all at once," so many other people already commented on it, saying what I was going to say already haha. 

8/28/2020 11:49 am  #1979

Reading this while I was banned, this thread is as great as ever! Keep up the great work Section!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/28/2020 3:34 pm  #1980

Really glad to see the Ramparts in blue. The red jersey was a bit weird to me and the blue is a big improvement. The Buffs look great in brown, although I will say I'll miss the buffalo being on the front of their sweaters. I hope someday we get a brown jersey with a white buffalo on it. Can't argue with the classic diagonal text, though. The expansion teams all look great too, and I'll echo everyone else's love for the Sap Tappers. Great stuff all around!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera