Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2020 4:48 pm  #1821

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Section30 wrote:

Expansion Teams

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin is a city of over 12,000 located just north of River Falls. The Maroon and Gold will play their home games at 800 seat Chippewa Area Ice Arena. Chippewa Falls will be joining 6 other teams in the forming of a new league that we will get to later.

They will simply be called the "Chippewas" after the name of the town and the river that runs through it. Their logo is a script Chippewa Falls with a swooping tail in the teams colors of maroon and gold.

Wow, never thought I’d ever see the Falls have a team in any capacity, real or fictional. My best friend’s family is from Cadott so this is now the closest tie I have in the league. Missed opportunity associating the team with Leinenkugel, calling them the Kugs or something like that. (thought it would be clever because it be pronounced like “cougs” giving them an animal mascot with a beer influence) That company is the city’s pride and joy. The name isn’t bad though, maybe a tad uninspired but it works for sure.

7/13/2020 5:08 pm  #1822

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Wow, never thought I’d ever see the Falls have a team in any capacity, real or fictional. My best friend’s family is from Cadott so this is now the closest tie I have in the league. Missed opportunity associating the team with Leinenkugel, calling them the Kugs or something like that. (thought it would be clever because it be pronounced like “cougs” giving them an animal mascot with a beer influence) That company is the city’s pride and joy. The name isn’t bad though, maybe a tad uninspired but it works for sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chippewa_Steel

Last edited by sportsfan7 (7/13/2020 5:09 pm)

7/13/2020 5:12 pm  #1823

Love to see Menomonie show up, love the Sawyers name (I might be a bit biased on that front haha), and that M is especially cool. Great work all around as always!

7/13/2020 7:35 pm  #1824

sportsfan7 wrote:

Ah yes, how do I forget about the NAHL. To be fair they came about after I had passed through juniors. “Junior hockey, giving small towns with no business having large hockey teams a reason to go out.” Seems like an appropriate tag line when it comes to anything between NA3 and USHL in most cases.

7/13/2020 10:07 pm  #1825

Burmy87 wrote:

My pleasure...last request, could you please update my sig to add the Chippewas and Sawyers logos on it?

Here ya go

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Congrats to the Royals! I was pulling for the Muskies but it was a great game and I'm happy for Virginia.
Also, wow, a whole bunch of updates, and none I can say anything bad about! I'm going to miss the cream for my Reds but it's still a great look, and yes I'm biased. Speaking of, can I have an updated sig? You can remove the Saints side of it too.

Thank you, and here you go!

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Huh, very nice new league! I’m surprised the Stillwater Volunteers didn’t make the jump with the other teams in the East Metro near the Wisconsin border.

sportsfan7 wrote:

I was thinking that too, but I think they have been around too long. Most of the teams in the St Croix were established relatively recently.

dvdbubba27 wrote:

You're right. The oldest teams in the St. Croix (Cottage Grove and Hastings) are part of the Class of '72, and the Stillwater Volunteers entered the MAHL in 1956.

Stillwater was in talks to join the St. Croix league but ultimately decided to stay, citing a combination of their years playing against their rivals Roseville and White Bear Lake along with travel being much better in the East Metro.

It's funny you mention Leinenkugel, the script was actually meant to mimic the iconic script logo they use, even using almost the exact same tail and a similar color scheme. I imagine that they would play a big part in terms of sponsors, and I know how much the locals love the stuff, so I tried to take a little bit of their look without being too overboard. As for the Kugs name, I hadn't thought of that but I really like it, definitely a possibility for if/when they change their name to something none native related.

Here is the Leinenkugel's logo for anyone who is wondering

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Love to see Menomonie show up, love the Sawyers name (I might be a bit biased on that front haha), and that M is especially cool. Great work all around as always!

Haha, thank you I'm glad you like how they turned out!

7/13/2020 11:04 pm  #1826

Now that I am sitting here looking at my Summer Shandy I see the similarities. Good job using it as inspiration without making it too obvious. Thank you for the reference, but fortunately I will not be needing it because one is in hand. Haha

7/14/2020 12:10 am  #1827

sportsfan7 wrote:

Ah yes, how do I forget about the NAHL. To be fair they came about after I had passed through juniors. “Junior hockey, giving small towns with no business having large hockey teams a reason to go out.” Seems like an appropriate tag line when it comes to anything between NA3 and USHL in most cases.

My hometown used to have a team in the USPHL, which is basically the unsanctioned version of the NA3. Since it was in MN, no one gave a *censored* (High School Hockey FTW).

7/14/2020 7:26 am  #1828

Is it too late for a request? Because I like all your team sigs to be compiled in one big sigs.
Just like this one, but with the Vols, the Diamonds and the Governors instead.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

7/14/2020 9:18 am  #1829

Name: Dan Szymanski
Background: Although he didn't grow up as a big hockey fan, when he got his job as the sports analyst for the Superior Telegram in Superior, WI. Dan took the pen name "Dan O'Mac" and got into Lakers hockey as well, leading to him writing about not only the recaps of the games and action in the MAHL, but also his predictions when it came to the playoffs. Although those predictions are rarely that accurate, the people of Superior love him as their sports writer, and have dubbed him the "Weatherman of MAHL Predictions" for his typically incorrect predictions.
Newspaper/City: Superior Telegram (Superior, WI)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/14/2020 11:08 am  #1830

sportsfan7 wrote:

My hometown used to have a team in the USPHL, which is basically the unsanctioned version of the NA3. Since it was in MN, no one gave a *censored* (High School Hockey FTW).

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/122031-usphl-overhaul-ogden-added/

Oh I know plenty about the USPHL haha! And hey, that's not true. The spam capital of the world is pretty fond of their NAHL team from what I saw.

Board footera