Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2020 3:34 pm  #1171

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Twin Cities League looks like they were at war! You know the league is a bloodbath when a team that’s ranked LEAGUEWIDE misses the tournament.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/04/2020 5:34 pm  #1172

Yes, glad to see my Chargers in the playoffs! I don't expect much but a playoff win would be a nice surprise.

4/04/2020 6:33 pm  #1173

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Twin Cities League looks like they were at war! You know the league is a bloodbath when a team that’s ranked LEAGUEWIDE misses the tournament.

The TCHL was definitely a battle with so many top teams competing for only four spots. Ranked teams have missed the playoffs a few times before, but it is extremely rare.

QCS wrote:

Yes, glad to see my Chargers in the playoffs! I don't expect much but a playoff win would be a nice surprise.

The Twin Cities will be tough with so many ranked teams, but the Chargers managed to win their league so who knows what will happen come playoffs.

4/04/2020 8:38 pm  #1174

"A fierce rivalry appears to be forming between these two with the White Bear Press stating "These squads just don't like one another, they both roll out the barrel when squaring off"."

HMMMMMMM I WONDER WHERE I'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE? I cant quite put my finger on it yet;

4/05/2020 3:58 pm  #1175

1972/73 Regular Season - South

The Bavarians made it three straight league titles, running away with it as the season progressed, only losing 3 times all season long and being ranked 5th in the MAHL. After New Ulm there were three more teams who finished with winning records. St. Peter had another solid season and they hope to improve on their poor post season history come playoffs. Owatonna made waves in their first season, finishing ahead of Mankato in the three spot with the Moose rounding out the playoff teams. Mason City had a frustrating season, they were good, but not good enough to finish with a winning record or to make the playoffs. After the Musicians there was a gap before the final three teams who all had disappointing seasons besides Fairmont who moved up to sixth this year. The biggest surprise of the season was the drastic decline by Faribault who went from making the playoffs back to back years to coming in dead last due largely in part to a large number of players missing chunks of the season with the flu.

Last years runner ups had another solid season, winning their third Southwest title and being ranked 10th. Their rivals from Sioux City were hot on their heels for most of the year, dropping off a bit in the end but remaining in second. Spirit Lake and Luverne round out the top four. Brookings had their best season to date, finishing 4 games outside of the playoffs, things are looking up for the Buffs. Marshall and Yankton both struggled for most of the season, finishing in the basement.

Burnsville made it back to back South Metro titles, winning the three team race for the top spot. The other contenders were Apple Valley, who dropped to third, and Eagan who had a much better sophomore season finishing 2 games away from first place. Cottage Grove rounds out the playoff teams, pulling ahead of Lakeville with 5 games to go and not letting it up. Hastings struggled with injuries this season, falling out of the playoffs all the way to sixth. Rosemount and Shakopee were in a battle for not finishing in last with the Hounds winning out in the end but still not coming close to the playoffs.

To nobody's surprise the Valley was dominated by Rochester with the Mustangs coming in first and the Robins in second. There was a four team fight for the final two playoff spots with Northfield and La Crosse having bounce back seasons, pushing out the Chiefs and Mavericks. The perennial bottom feeders were in their usual spots at the bottom of the league with Cannon Falls finishing ahead of Winona after coming in last the 2 seasons prior.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

4/05/2020 3:59 pm  #1176

TourneyEarnie wrote:

"A fierce rivalry appears to be forming between these two with the White Bear Press stating "These squads just don't like one another, they both roll out the barrel when squaring off"."

HMMMMMMM I WONDER WHERE I'VE SEEN THIS BEFORE? I cant quite put my finger on it yet;

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure what you could possibly be referring to 6.8.0

Last edited by Section30 (4/05/2020 4:00 pm)

4/05/2020 4:02 pm  #1177

4/05/2020 4:04 pm  #1178

Huh, the Wildcats and Artillery are forming indentions in the Valley League basement... wonder when they’ll finally blossom into contention.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/05/2020 4:38 pm  #1179

Last edited by Section30 (4/05/2020 6:10 pm)

4/05/2020 6:06 pm  #1180

I think you have South St Paul in Twin Cities spot on the bracket

Board footera