Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/19/2020 12:57 pm  #391

Re: National Dashball League

Yeah, they're coming up within the next couple days. Like I said after the finals last month, there will be one redesign before we get to the expansion teams, but they'll be here before you know it. In the meantime, any thoughts on the offseason?

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/19/2020 1:00 pm  #392

Can't wait for the offseason. Hopefully Texas loses some guys to free agency or trades. Wonder what you came up with for Washington and Minnesota. 

10/19/2020 1:49 pm  #393

I've actually already posted the offseason - check the last page. Based on what you're hoping for, I think you'll like what you see.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/19/2020 7:11 pm  #394

As Happy as I am, I can see the Dynasty ending soon.

10/19/2020 7:47 pm  #395

ZO82 wrote:

As Happy as I am, I can see the Dynasty ending soon.

2030s brother. That’s when happy days will be here again for non Redback fans

10/20/2020 4:56 pm  #396

Before we get to the expansion teams, the Sabertooths are getting a redesign:

Old logos and uniforms:

The first thing I want to do is point out the colors, because it might not be immediately apparent that they've changed. The orange is the same as it was before, but instead of black and white, they're now using a not-quite-black shade of charcoal and a not-quite-white shade of silver. Naturally, they've also given the colors gimmicky names: Sunset, Tar, and Saber, respectively. Onto the logos, the most obvious change is the move to a more realistic tiger, which faces forward instead of being in profile. The LA logo sticks around, but is a bit more legible, and with the A being formed by two teeth. They also have a new wordmark, which has also become more legible, although they've kept the fangs on the T's. There's also a "Tooths" version of the wordmark that can stand alone.

Perhaps the biggest change of all is that the hoops and sash are gone from the uniforms. Their main defining feature is now a shoulder yoke composed of stripes following the curve of the collar. Similar striping is incorporated Marquette-style into the shorts. Apart from that, though, they're pretty simple. The jersey and shorts pairing follows the same pattern as before, with the Sunset and Saber jerseys worn with Saber shorts and the Tar shorts exclusively worn with the Tar jerseys (know that I hated writing that sentence as much as I'm guessing you hated reading it).

You'll notice that Tar dominates the court, but I wanted the end zones to be orange, and making the whole floor orange seemed like too much orange. The logo is also pretty big, stretching almost all the way between the Staples Center logos. There's also more of that striping pattern within the goals.

Last but not least, here's a sig for the Tooths:

I wanted to give LA a new direction, and I think I accomplished exactly that. What do you think? C&C appreciated!

10/20/2020 5:06 pm  #397

The new Tooths look snazzy! Definitely one of the best looks in the NDL! (Montreal is still the best in my opinion)

10/20/2020 5:48 pm  #398

Great update for LA! The old look wasn't bad but this is a nice coat of paint for an original NDL team. The new shade of black is good, I'll be honest and say that I cannot tell the difference between white and "Saber", although maybe if I saw the two next to each other I could see. The new logo is great, I recently struggled to make a forward-facing cat logo and this is awesome. The new court looks great as well!

10/20/2020 6:28 pm  #399

Thanks to both of you! The colors were deliberately hard to distinguish from black and white. I put together a side-by-side comparison so it's easier to see (the old colors are on the left, the new ones on the right):

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (10/20/2020 6:29 pm)

10/20/2020 6:41 pm  #400

Ok, thank you, that makes it much easier to see. The change from white to off-white is unnecessary but harmless (unlike another certain LA team that switched to off-white recently) and it helps give the team its own look. Great work, super excited for the expansion teams!

Board footera