Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2020 8:48 pm  #1

The Among Us Discussion Thread

Today I finally hopped on board the “Among Us” train, and I gotta say, It’s pretty neat. For those of you who don’t know what Among Us is, here is a Wikipedia summary:

“Among Us is a multiplayer game, supporting 4–10 players. 1–3 of these players are randomly selected each game to be Impostors, while the rest are Crewmates. The game can take place on one of three maps: a spaceship (The Skeld), a headquarters building (Mira HQ), or a planet base (Polus). Crewmates are given tasks to complete around the map in the form of minigames, consisting of maintenance work on vital systems, such as electrical rewiring and fueling engines. Impostors are given a fake list of tasks in order to blend in with Crewmates and have the ability to sabotage the map's systems, traverse vents, identify any other Impostors, and murder Crewmates. If a player dies, they become a ghost; ghosts have the ability to pass through walls, but can only interact with the world in limited ways and are invisible to everyone except other ghosts. All players, aside from ghosts, have a limited cone of vision, which allows for players to hide from view of other players despite the game's top-down perspective.

The Crewmates win by completing all tasks before being murdered or by finding and eliminating all the Impostors; for the Impostors to win, they must kill enough Crewmates such that the number of Impostor(s) is equal to the number of Crewmate(s) or have a sabotage countdown run out; the goal of ghosts is to help their living teammates by completing tasks and performing sabotages for Crewmate and Impostor ghosts, respectively.”

Any of you guys play Among Us?

Last edited by ThisIsFine (9/22/2020 8:49 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/22/2020 9:22 pm  #2

Re: The Among Us Discussion Thread

I've been playing a ton with my friends and it is a blast to play. I pride myself on my accurate guessing when I'm crew but I prefer playing imposter and taking others out. You've gotta have a good group to play with and playing with voice chat is much more fun then playing without it.

9/22/2020 9:23 pm  #3

I've played it a few times, and it's been alright. It's a good time waster.

Although I will complain that I've been the Imposter a grand total of five times and have gotten caught out of complete bad luck. Someone had claimed that I had teleported through a door, and therefore I was the Imposter. In reality, I had not done such a thing and the lag on the other guy's device had caused me to appear as if I had teleported.

9/22/2020 9:52 pm  #4

I bought the game a while ago and I've watched a lot of people play it, but haven't actually gotten into playing the game myself. Don't honestly have a group of friends that play it (or a big enough one anyways).

9/22/2020 10:20 pm  #5

Sounds like and AHSports Among Us game needs to happen

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/22/2020 10:21 pm  #6

ALTAML (Alternate Among Us League) anyone?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/22/2020 10:40 pm  #7

I got it a few weeks ago, and it's been a blast. When I first got it, it reminded me of Town of Salem (which is similar, the whole social deduction theme but set in the times of the Salem Witch Trials), and having a large friend group (around 8-10 people) to fill up the slots adds to the fun, as playing with randoms doesn't have the same fun. 

Wallflower wrote:

Don't honestly have a group of friends that play it (or a big enough one anyways).

I mean, you could play it with us *wink wink nudge nudge*

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

9/22/2020 10:42 pm  #8

I suggested a discord server in the suggestions thread, maybe this could be part of it.

9/22/2020 10:48 pm  #9

DireBear wrote:

I got it a few weeks ago, and it's been a blast. When I first got it, it reminded me of Town of Salem (which is similar, the whole social deduction theme but set in the times of the Salem Witch Trials), and having a large friend group (around 8-10 people) to fill up the slots adds to the fun, as playing with randoms doesn't have the same fun. 

Wallflower wrote:

Don't honestly have a group of friends that play it (or a big enough one anyways).

I mean, you could play it with us *wink wink nudge nudge*

Count me in

9/22/2020 10:52 pm  #10

I’m on mobile.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera