Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2020 8:10 pm  #401

Re: The AltFL Season 2020

What a wild weekend! 

I honestly can't believe the Brawlers output. I hope they left some points for the Alt Bowl. The Copperheads are not an easy out and we were pumped to be able to do it. I love the Manning Trophy! Very cool work. I am working on Alt Bowl stuff for later in the week. But for now...here are the scores! 

12/23/2020 11:38 am  #402

It is time for Alt Bowl XXI! 

The league's most decorated division sends two teams to Alt Bowl XXI. The North Division Champions advance after they defeated the Copperheads in Tennessee. Their 202 point performance was the highest scoring game in league history. Philly also has games #2 and #3 on that list. They have had an impressive season. They are currently 12 - 3. Unfortunately for Brawlers fans one of their losses were against the Buffalo Bolts. The Bolts are led by AltFL MVP Patrick Mahomes. They have been road warriors in the playoffs. They took out the Central and West Division champions on foreign soil. 

Below are the rosters, the game day uniforms, and the path that the teams took to get to the Alt Bowl. 

Now we have to decide what the halftime show is going to be....here are the rules. There will be two acts for the Halftime Show. Living or dead. BUT one of the acts must be from Buffalo and the other from Philadelphia. Here are some ideas from just a quick scan...

BUFFALO, NEW YORK
Rick James 
Nick Carter
Goo Goo Dolls
Ani DiFranco
Brian McKnight

PHILADELPHIA, PA
Patti LaBelle 
Boyz II Men
Jim Croce 
Meek Mill
Pink
Marshmello 
Joan Jett
John Oates from Hall and Oates
The Roots

12/23/2020 11:52 am  #403

Welcome to Milwaukee, Bolts and Brawlers!  My Mallards are privileged to have played you both this year, and we know you will put on an UNFORGETTABLE showcase.

Given my base in hip-hop promotion, I submit the following votes for two fan favorite collectives from each city

From Buffalo: Griselda (Westside Gunn, Conway the Machine & Benny the Butcher)
From Philadelphia: State Property Chain Gang (Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Young Gunz & Peedi Crakk)

Is there a nomination process for who sings the National Anthem at the game too?  If so, what rules would there be? (Because my nomination would depend on such rules-if there are any)

12/23/2020 11:52 am  #404

Where we going next year? Birmingham or New York?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

12/23/2020 12:08 pm  #405

Buffalo nominates "Everytime I Die" to perform at half time.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

12/23/2020 12:24 pm  #406

Sevsdast wrote:

Where we going next year? Birmingham or New York?

Good question. We will have to discuss that. 

As for the National Anthem. I suppose we can choose someone from Milwaukee.

12/23/2020 12:48 pm  #407

Gritty wrote:

My nominee wasn't even going to be from Milwaukee...I'm nominating Ciara, because she's the wife of our QB Russell Wilson (who saved our tailfeathers SO many times this season) and because she's done a fantastic job singing the Anthem on several previous occasions.

12/23/2020 12:57 pm  #408

Burmy87 wrote:

Gritty wrote:

My nominee wasn't even going to be from Milwaukee...I'm nominating Ciara, because she's the wife of our QB Russell Wilson (who saved our tailfeathers SO many times this season) and because she's done a fantastic job singing the Anthem on several previous occasions.

Clever!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

12/23/2020 1:50 pm  #409

I think that Goo Goo Dolls and John Oates would work kind of well together, and as for the national anthem...I got no clue.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

12/23/2020 2:04 pm  #410

So a half time show, eh?

Well my vote would be for John Oates from Hall and Oates, (no Hall?) to represent Philly.  To represent the NFL's goofy obsession of getting old time acts for the Super Bowl after that Nipplegate incident.  And to troll.  Definitely to troll.

To represent Buffalo, I'll pick Rick James, because, "I'm Rick James..." (finish the sentence only if you know it).

Last edited by Stickman (12/23/2020 2:05 pm)

Board footera