Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2020 2:59 pm  #21

Re: Term 1 - Group 2

So here's my incredibly rough design for the bull moose. I could only fit the monocle on him as the hat and mustache were a bit too much on the nose. C&C before adding more details?

If we're going through with this, then maybe we could go with Bulls or Moose as the nickname instead of Rough Riders because we're not focusing much on that. It's a bit of a stretch, but Teddy himself said he was "as strong as a bull moose" after being shot, so being the bull moose is the status?

The monogram looks much better without the connecting letters, and the lightened cream works better with the set as well.

The soccer template is a .svg (since I use Inkscape for designs), so if you're using Illustrator I may know a workaround for you being able to use it on Illustrator.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

9/05/2020 3:08 pm  #22

I really like the start, I think with some cleaning up that could be a really strong logo. I'm a little caught up on the name, but I honestly think we can go with Rough Riders as the name and use the bull moose logo, sort of like how the Saskatchewan Roughriders don't use a "rough rider" in their logos. 

I think for the moose, defining the neck a little more could help a lot. I think the antlers could use a little work as well, but the outline in particular is really solid and I think this is the direction we should go in. I figure I should give you the exact colors I'm using so we're all using them.

#565656 (gray)
#F49140 (orange)
#FFFFD2 (cream)

And that svg file is perfect, Illustrator can open those. I can't remember if you have my email or not, but if you need it PM me and I'll give it to you.

Second edit: I found a better one where the jersey isn't at an angle. This one is by raysox on CCSLC, and it's here.

Last edited by QCS (9/05/2020 3:25 pm)

9/05/2020 8:01 pm  #23

Remember how I said that adding a hat would be on the nose? Well I added a hat, since I could not make decent looking antlers, as well as (hopefully) making its neck more pronounced. I gave a bit of shading to the hat but I'm not sure how to go about detailing the moose itself. If you guys like this enough I'm more than fine with moving on to the uniforms.

9/05/2020 8:08 pm  #24

DireBear wrote:

Remember how I said that adding a hat would be on the nose? Well I added a hat, since I could not make decent looking antlers, as well as (hopefully) making its neck more pronounced. I gave a bit of shading to the hat but I'm not sure how to go about detailing the moose itself. If you guys like this enough I'm more than fine with moving on to the uniforms.

I think the hat is a pretty nice edition especially with the added monogram to the side. I like the logo, however I'm gonna wait to see everyone else's input on the logo just to see if there's something that needs to be missing/added.

9/06/2020 9:13 am  #25

Hey, I wanted to try my hand at a bull moose logo and here are my results so far. It's not done yet, I still need to add the nose, mouth, and some shading, but I figured I could see if you guys liked the direction. I really like the hat on Dire's logo, but I feel weird about having a moose logo and not having antlers.

9/06/2020 12:46 pm  #26

I actually like your moose logo better than mine! (especially since I realized my moose with a hat looks more like a horse or giraffe than a moose) We could still include the hat along with the set as another secondary logo if everyone likes that enough

9/06/2020 1:07 pm  #27

DireBear wrote:

I actually like your moose logo better than mine! (especially since I realized my moose with a hat looks more like a horse or giraffe than a moose) We could still include the hat along with the set as another secondary logo if everyone likes that enough

I'd love to keep the hat! I think it's a really cool logo that fits the college level. I also had an idea, maybe on the football helmets we can place the antlers of the moose? I figured you would be the one to make the football unis since you have the most experience with that, I can send you the file so you can just pull the antlers directly off and not worry about trying to replicate it.

9/06/2020 1:16 pm  #28

QCS wrote:

DireBear wrote:

I'd love to keep the hat! I think it's a really cool logo that fits the college level. I also had an idea, maybe on the football helmets we can place the antlers of the moose? I figured you would be the one to make the football unis since you have the most experience with that, I can send you the file so you can just pull the antlers directly off and not worry about trying to replicate it.

Well here's the hat in all its glory!

I was just thinking about how the football unis would be and the antlers were one thing I was considering! I'd be happy for you to send those over so I can start on the uniforms! Just for clarification, we just need a home and away set right?

9/06/2020 1:21 pm  #29

Yep, just a home and away. I've been using cream for the baseball home, I think we can keep that up. I'll send you the moose file, then I'll keep working on it!

9/06/2020 3:49 pm  #30

Sorry about the double post, but I finished the bull moose logo! I added some detailing to the ear, neck, and antlers, fixed the eye, and added a mouth and nose. If anyone thinks this needs any work, tell me, otherwise I think we're good to go with this. (Also I'm so sorry Dire but I did update the antlers, I'll email you the updated file right away.)

Board footera