Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2020 8:34 am  #41

Re: Term 1 - Group 5

I personally really like S30's football unis...thinking the "VM" logo can be a primary mark of our school, with the coming ship being a secondary one,

What do you all think?

9/09/2020 8:50 am  #42

Burmy87 wrote:

I personally really like S30's football unis...thinking the "VM" logo can be a primary mark of our school, with the coming ship being a secondary one,

What do you all think?

I mean, It is a very nice mark, but it makes us look a little too much like VMI, and I don’t think many people know what an Ironclad even is. I think it should be a secondary.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/09/2020 9:28 am  #43

ThisIsFine wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

What do you all think?

I mean, It is a very nice mark, but it makes us look a little too much like VMI, and I don’t think many people know what an Ironclad even is. I think it should be a secondary.

Gotcha...just waiting for the ship to come in.

In the meantime, I tried my hand at some wordmarks.

And a script logo that could work as an alternate mark (possibly for the home baseball or basketball jersey)

9/09/2020 2:36 pm  #44

ThisIsFine wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

What do you all think?

I personally think that the VM logo is different enough from VMI to work, plus they technically wouldn't exist in this universe. I'm looking forward to what CC comes up with for the ship logo, but if you look at most colleges they use their monograms as their primary logo.

I also might have an unpopular opinion but I think that it's kinda cool that Ironclad is, it has a tough sound that I think just works even if you don't know right away its a ship. Besides, we're going to have a ship logo so they would be able to see in those applications.

I'm not like trying to push for my design, I just think that the general college aesthetic generally goes with the school letter as the primary with the mascot as a secondary

9/09/2020 2:39 pm  #45

Burmy87 wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

What do you all think?

Gotcha...just waiting for the ship to come in.

In the meantime, I tried my hand at some wordmarks.

And a script logo that could work as an alternate mark (possibly for the home baseball or basketball jersey)

Looks great, could you email me the files?

I have a couple tweaks in mind for the script though. I think that it would help to be rotated a bit and if blue was removed. The double outline with all three colors being dark muddles it up a bit and I think that maroon and gray would probably look best and match the color hierarchy the most

Last edited by Section30 (9/09/2020 2:40 pm)

9/09/2020 3:43 pm  #46

Here is a first draft at soccer, I only did a maroon and a white because I wasn't sure what I should do for an alternate. I figure it should probably be gray, but I also want to add more blue because the home and away only use it in the crest and boots

9/09/2020 4:29 pm  #47

I might take a crack at baseball, tbh.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/09/2020 4:59 pm  #48

Ok so I took the wordmarks that Burmy made and just slightly tweaked the thickness of the outlines and such, I also applied that outline style to the numbers and tweaked the script a little bit as well as factorizing it.

Here are all of the files that I have for them as of right now, if anyone wants the ai files feel free to ask

9/09/2020 5:02 pm  #49

And here are football and soccer updated with the new numbers and wordmarks. I also made some changes to football like replacing the nike swoosh from the template with the UA logo and getting rid of the white helmet. I also added the monogram to the gray helmet just to see what it would look like, but I still think that the boat logo would work better on gray

9/09/2020 9:29 pm  #50

Fantastic designs as always, S30!

Here's my try at baseball uniforms.

Home

Away

Alternate

Of course, my idea is for the ship logo to be on the left sleeves once it's done.

Board footera