Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2020 6:48 pm  #21

Re: Term 1 - Group 3

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and mention that alternate jerseys are allowed. You can have up to four jerseys for each sport, one home, one road, and two alternates. 

9/06/2020 8:22 pm  #22

Wallflower wrote:

Cream really pulls the look together, I'm thinking the lighter brown and blue are the best looking and Blue being the best.

RoughRiders9 wrote:

That is a much better look! I'm loving the brown and the cream. I could go either way with darker or lighter brown but I prefer darker if I had to choose one.

GregTheWolf144 wrote:

I like the blue better than the brown. Being close to New York, it could have that whole New York color scheme, and the brown looks too much like Bowling Green.

I'm glad that you all agree the cream looks nice! The votes are split between the brown and the blue at the moment. I personally prefer the blue because it is a bit more connected to the real-life kestrel and it adds a boldness that the browns don't really provide. It would be great if we could figure this out through civil discussion.

RoughRiders9 wrote:

I could try to take a run at the Kestrel head this weekend and see how it comes up, and then we can combine them onto the new H that you have. Is that cool with everybody?

Go for it! This is by no means a showcase of my mediocre skills, so have at it.

RoughRiders9 wrote:

With that being said, maybe we could come up with an agenda (primary logo, secondary logo, etc etc) and "assignments," such as one person covers baseball, one person covers football, etc etc.

I think that the kestrel + H works as a primary and the kestrel and H separately can be alternate logos. I can make a wordmark based on the H. Assuming that HamU is analogous to an Ivy, all six sports would be plausible. All eight Ivies have basketball, football, baseball, and soccer; six have ice hockey; and seven have womens lacrosse and six have men's lacrosse. If you have a specific sport you'd like to work with, go ahead. We just need to be sure that we get four sports.

Please voice any questions, comments, and concerns you have!

9/06/2020 8:32 pm  #23

I agree on the blue being more bold and kinda gives a better classic feel to the school.

I certainly would love to build a football look for the team.

9/07/2020 7:37 am  #24

Football has been spoken for, and I believe that it was a great source of Kestrel pride in the past, at the start of the game.

I have also put together a wordmark:

9/07/2020 9:27 am  #25

The wordmark would use some adjustment

First I think "Kestrels" should be the bigger of the two words.
Second, the proportions are a bit dramatic, tho if the two are flipped it might not look as off.
The other thing is both words are only slightly different which bothers me. Either have the words have the same stroke or make one word a different colour (like make the smaller word Blue).

9/07/2020 6:53 pm  #26

Wallflower wrote:

The wordmark would use some adjustment

First I think "Kestrels" should be the bigger of the two words.
Second, the proportions are a bit dramatic, tho if the two are flipped it might not look as off.
The other thing is both words are only slightly different which bothers me. Either have the words have the same stroke or make one word a different colour (like make the smaller word Blue).

Taking into account your feedback, here is a second version.

9/07/2020 7:12 pm  #27

It's better for sure, the last touch is just trying to make the stroke look the same, proportionately the stroke for Hamilton looks thicker, so I would look to into adjusting that to look more consistent throughout.

Other options too are just to use (or just have two wordmarks) one of the names either "Hamilton" or "Kestrels" which seems to be a common way colleges go.

9/07/2020 7:28 pm  #28

v3

9/08/2020 9:51 am  #29

That works, I think with the all the colour, the best would be either word on its own, rather than together, idk what everyone else thinks, but It's a simple wordmark regardless which allows us to flip around the colours to work on jerseys and other branding.

9/09/2020 5:17 pm  #30

If I'm not stepping on any toes, I would like to design the Hamilton Hockey identity.

Board footera