Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2020 1:57 pm  #61

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

I really like the soccer sets. That's pretty much what I had envisioned for the soccer sets. I have the away uniforms done for baseball. My gray marker is/was not great. Same thing with the previous home/alt. I'm pretty flexible on the colored vest being home or alt. The font and numbers should be the same as the wordmark, and the yellow should be the gold. I also ended up making the yellow really thick on here so it was visible, and it should not be really thick. Since Coastal Florida is a longer name, I decided to go with just "Coastal" on the roads.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/09/2020 2:06 pm  #62

Looking good! At this point, we should just need that white baseball uniform and two more lacrosse uniforms from ANDY!. I'll start putting everything together into a more coherent presentation, so that when we're done, we can all double-check everything before I send it to the QCS group. Obviously no rush, I'm just kind of excited to get a second challenge 😂

9/09/2020 4:36 pm  #63

Everything looks really nice so far! I'm glad you found the Reds font I used. The only critique I have is on the road soccer jersey, I feel like the numbers should be the same fill and stroke. I should be able to get the next lacrosse jersey out later today btw. 

9/09/2020 5:19 pm  #64

Here is the away lacrosse uniform.

9/09/2020 8:39 pm  #65

I like it! Two things I'd say: I feel like the names and numbers could use some gold (maybe in place of the white stroke). The other, more minor, thing, which I didn't notice last time, is that I've been designing CFU as an Adidas school, but you've used Nike. I'm not sure how much that matters anyway, but I kinda feel like we should stay consistent.

As for the soccer uniforms, I thought the gold numbers on the front would improve the color balance, but with the shorts also being gold, it might've been too much. I definitely think you were right on that one. Here's the update:

9/09/2020 9:16 pm  #66

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

The other, more minor, thing, which I didn't notice last time, is that I've been designing CFU as an Adidas school, but you've used Nike. I'm not sure how much that matters anyway, but I kinda feel like we should stay consistent.

Ahh my bad. I got that all fixed up now.

As for the alternate, I did some research on lacrosse jerseys, and of what I saw they were pretty loud and ambitious. I tried to match that same level with these: 

9/09/2020 9:36 pm  #67

I love it. I'm glad we worked a gradient in somewhere, and this works really well. Kudos!

9/09/2020 10:16 pm  #68

And finally, my Alternate jerseys. Still with the vest, same disclaimers about font and numbers and shade of yellow. On this one, the scale of the logo and numbers on the front are off, they should be smaller. I'm okay with either this or the purple vest as the home, so we can leave that to the vote.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/10/2020 9:35 am  #69

Good stuff! The one thing is that most jerseys that are set up like this with a logo and a front number have them on opposite sides. Now it'd be interesting if there was some reason we were the exception to the rule, but at the moment, it's kind of bugging me. I don't want you to have to redraw everything, so if we do decide to swap them around, I can probably just cut-and-paste them over to the other side.

As for the vote, I'm personally in the camp that the white jersey should be the home and the purple should be the alt, but I'm fine if we decide otherwise.

9/10/2020 7:54 pm  #70

I'm also thinking home whites and alt purple

Last edited by ANDY! (9/10/2020 7:55 pm)

Board footera