Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/08/2020 3:37 pm  #51

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

I LOVE vest baseball jerseys. As for other jerseys, I don’t remember claiming lacrosse but I can certainly give it a shot.

Last edited by ANDY! (9/08/2020 3:37 pm)

9/08/2020 3:44 pm  #52

Dan O'Mac wrote:

So before I do this, since I'll really get one shot at it, how does everyone feel about the vest look? I feel if in canon we added teal and refreshed looks at that time, the vest would've been an option. So I was thinking purple vest and hat, white pants with striping down the side, and I'm not sure if it would be better with a teal or gold undershirt.

Hey don’t worry about absolute perfection because all uniforms will be converted to a template that all are similar enough to each other to create a little more cohesion for presentation. If we get the general idea it will be smooth sailing and if we have any questions we’d just ask!

9/08/2020 4:56 pm  #53

ANDY! wrote:

I LOVE vest baseball jerseys. As for other jerseys, I don’t remember claiming lacrosse but I can certainly give it a shot.

My bad, I thought you had said something early on. If you don't want to that's fine!

Dan O'Mac wrote:

So before I do this, since I'll really get one shot at it, how does everyone feel about the vest look? I feel if in canon we added teal and refreshed looks at that time, the vest would've been an option. So I was thinking purple vest and hat, white pants with striping down the side, and I'm not sure if it would be better with a teal or gold undershirt.

I'm definitely also pro-vest. I think we've been leaning more towards gold as the secondary and teal as the tertiary, so I'd go with gold on the undershirt.

9/08/2020 7:25 pm  #54

Here's the first draft of the lacrosse jerseys. The away and alternates are still in the works, but I figured I'd show y'all what I'm up to. 

9/08/2020 9:45 pm  #55

Looks good! I don't have as much knowledge of lacrosse uniform design as I do most other sports, but I like what I see here!

9/08/2020 11:20 pm  #56

Here's what I have for the baseball home. Housekeeping notes: I don't have a gold marker (or even dark yellow), so I used a "standard" yellow. The fonts would match the wordmark's fonts for both the Comets on the chest and the numbers. The words and numbers have a teal outline on them, but it isn't showing well on this scanned version.

I should have the road and alternate/throwback look done tomorrow.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/09/2020 12:19 am  #57

Nice! I will say that usually baseball teams wear white at home, so maybe this is the away set instead. Other than that, the chest numbers seem a little low, but that's about my only complaint. Great work!

Going back to the list of stuff we need, we've got name, mascot, colors, primary logo, secondary logo, script, a full set of football uniforms, and one uniform from both lacrosse and baseball. It looks like all we've got left are road and alternate uniforms for those two sports plus a set of soccer uniforms, which I've got a start on. If anybody has anything they've got in mind for those, let me know. Seems like we're pretty close to wrapping this one up, though!

9/09/2020 12:27 am  #58

Many teams have a colored jersey that pairs with the white pants at home, gray pants on the road. What I've gone for is the lack of the white jersey shirt. However, the alternate will be a white jersey shirt and the road will have a traditional gray on gray (with the top also being a vest).

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/09/2020 12:29 am  #59

For soccer, maybe a purple shirt with gold shorts, and then use the teal to give a design that can signify a comet's flight?

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (9/09/2020 12:31 am)

9/09/2020 1:32 pm  #60

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Many teams have a colored jersey that pairs with the white pants at home, gray pants on the road. What I've gone for is the lack of the white jersey shirt. However, the alternate will be a white jersey shirt and the road will have a traditional gray on gray (with the top also being a vest).

Makes sense. Feels more like an away or an alternate to me, but it's your design.

Dan O'Mac wrote:

For soccer, maybe a purple shirt with gold shorts, and then use the teal to give a design that can signify a comet's flight?

Something like this?

I basically took your suggestion verbatim for the home set, and went with a matching away. I wanted to go with something a little different for the third, though, so I went with just teal and white, and I think it turned out really well. What do y'all think?

I've also got a pretty minor revision to football, which is mostly just putting some wordmarks on the front:

Board footera