Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2020 9:53 pm  #41

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

Yeah I really like that. As for the wordmarks, here are the updated looks.

9/07/2020 9:59 pm  #42

That looks a ton better! I'll reiterate my slight preference for the second one, but I'm definitely willing to be swayed.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/08/2020 9:35 am  #43

I like those football uniforms. I like the idea of a fairly traditional jersey for the normal  home/away, and could see more outlandish for any one-off/alternate looks. I like the helmet with the comet for the stripe. I wouldn't hate seeing the numbers on the helmet matching the jerseys (gold with outlines). Maybe the original look was purple with white numbers, and in the 90's, they added the teal and changed the helmet numbers.

As for the wordmarks, I prefer the first one. With the bolder look and font design, it feels more "classic", which matches the age of the university.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/08/2020 12:25 pm  #44

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I like those football uniforms. I like the idea of a fairly traditional jersey for the normal  home/away, and could see more outlandish for any one-off/alternate looks. I like the helmet with the comet for the stripe. I wouldn't hate seeing the numbers on the helmet matching the jerseys (gold with outlines). Maybe the original look was purple with white numbers, and in the 90's, they added the teal and changed the helmet numbers.

I like that idea. I was skeptical of yellow helmet numbers initially, but I think it really improves the color balance of the helmet and of the whole set. I've also put together an away and an alternate uniform, and while it's not too outlandish, I think it's certainly bright. I thought a yellow jersey would be too much, so I figured it'd be best to stop after three. Let me know if you have any particularly wild ideas for the third jersey.

Also, thinking ahead a bit, I thought we should have a letter/monogram logo for baseball, so how do y'all feel about something like this?

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/08/2020 12:27 pm  #45

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I like that idea. I was skeptical of yellow helmet numbers initially, but I think it really improves the color balance of the helmet and of the whole set. I've also put together an away and an alternate uniform, and while it's not too outlandish, I think it's certainly bright. I thought a yellow jersey would be too much, so I figured it'd be best to stop after three. Let me know if you have any particularly wild ideas for the third jersey.

Also, thinking ahead a bit, I thought we should have a letter/monogram logo for baseball, so how do y'all feel about something like this?

That looks nice, BTW, who’s doing what uniforms?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/08/2020 12:34 pm  #46

Sevsdast wrote:

That looks nice, BTW, who’s doing what uniforms?

Thanks! I've got football under control. I believe ANDY! said he could do lacrosse. I don't think anybody's claimed baseball or soccer yet, but I can do either one or both.

9/08/2020 12:56 pm  #47

I have no skills with making things. I could whip up something hand-drawn at best. I'd probably do best with baseball if I were to do that, and then someone would need to digitize it.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/08/2020 1:08 pm  #48

If you want to throw together a hand-drawn baseball uniform, I'd definitely be willing to digitize it. That said, you shouldn't feel any pressure to do it if you don't want to. I'm more than willing to take on both baseball and soccer, but if you (or anyone else) wants to take a shot at one or the other, go right ahead.

9/08/2020 1:14 pm  #49

I'd just like to chime in and say we'll accept hand-drawn uniforms and logos as long as it's a 2D perspective. We want as many people as possible to participate!

9/08/2020 2:17 pm  #50

So before I do this, since I'll really get one shot at it, how does everyone feel about the vest look? I feel if in canon we added teal and refreshed looks at that time, the vest would've been an option. So I was thinking purple vest and hat, white pants with striping down the side, and I'm not sure if it would be better with a teal or gold undershirt.

Board footera