Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/06/2020 8:36 am  #31

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

I have some ideas of my own, the secondary should be somebody looking through a telescope because that's how people see comets. The wordmark should be a signature because the way I think the team will look is traditional with Baseball, Football, Lacrosse, and Soccer. Finally, the year should be 1915.

Last edited by Sevsdast (9/06/2020 8:39 am)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/06/2020 12:23 pm  #32

Finally put together a version of the logo that I'm reasonably happy with. What do y'all think?

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (9/06/2020 12:24 pm)

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/06/2020 1:37 pm  #33

I like it, But I feel like purple should be used for more than just a background considering it's our mandatory color.

9/06/2020 1:47 pm  #34

Yeah, this is just how the logo would be displayed on a purple background. I mocked up the logo this way because I wanted purple to be our primary color, so I figured the logo would most often appear on purple. On other backgrounds there would be some purple in the logo. For example, here's what it would look like on white:

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/06/2020 6:50 pm  #35

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop in and mention that alternate jerseys are allowed. You can have up to four jerseys for each sport, one home, one road, and two alternates. 

9/07/2020 4:07 pm  #36

So, any progress on the jersey's and logos ANDY! and Itdoesntmatter?

Last edited by Sevsdast (9/07/2020 4:07 pm)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/07/2020 5:07 pm  #37

Yeah I’m currently in the process of word marks/secondary logos and I could do some jerseys soon. I’m just kinda chaotic with school and I’m moving so I might be a little slow on it.

9/07/2020 8:12 pm  #38

I've got version one of the football jerseys ready:

I used the comet as a helmet stripe, but the rest of it is almost exhaustingly traditional (apart from the color scheme which is definitely a product of the '90s). I'm not sure if I should leave the sides of the helmets blank, move the TV numbers up there, or add some sort of secondary logo. Also, I see us as an Adidas school for some reason. If you have any comments about it, let me know!

9/07/2020 9:20 pm  #39

Hats off to you, man. Those are absolute beauties. One thing I'd say is the helmets look a bit empty, I'm wondering if maybe a number would fit there? It might be too busy but it's just a suggestion. I also feel like the face masks should be white just because that color they are now doesn't really fit.

Also ive been working on wordmarks and i'm torn between two and I would like your opinions!

Last edited by ANDY! (9/07/2020 9:27 pm)

9/07/2020 9:37 pm  #40

I'd been thinking about moving the TV numbers up to the helmets. Here's what that would look like (I also forgot to color the fasemasks before, so that's fixed):

In terms of your wordmarks, I like both! I'm leaning ever so slightly towards the second. That said, I'm wondering if you could thin the outlines out a notch on both? They're running into each other a lot and it's making things look a bit messy. Great work though!

Board footera