Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2020 9:22 am  #161

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

I think that the contrast on the alt makes the yellow checkers stand out, especially with that gradient. But I'm okay with either.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/24/2020 9:38 am  #162

I also prefer the yellow checkers as an outsider, plus the yellow checkers on black is closer to Baltimore's flag (and by extension, Maryland's).

9/24/2020 2:02 pm  #163

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I think that the contrast on the alt makes the yellow checkers stand out, especially with that gradient. But I'm okay with either.

QCS wrote:

I also prefer the yellow checkers as an outsider, plus the yellow checkers on black is closer to Baltimore's flag (and by extension, Maryland's).

Yeah, those were pretty much my exact thoughts. Since that seems to be the consensus here and we're only 12 hours from the deadline, my plan is to send that one in unless I hear otherwise.

In the meantime, I've got a lacrosse design. Only super notable thing to point out is that I thought lacrosse could probably carry a gold jersey, so I gave it a shot and I liked it. Let me know what y'all think!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/24/2020 2:24 pm  #164

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

QCS wrote:

Yeah, those were pretty much my exact thoughts. Since that seems to be the consensus here and we're only 12 hours from the deadline, my plan is to send that one in unless I hear otherwise.

In the meantime, I've got a lacrosse design. Only super notable thing to point out is that I thought lacrosse could probably carry a gold jersey, so I gave it a shot and I liked it. Let me know what y'all think!

Did you try a black helmet so that the crab doesn't get lost? Otherwise, I like that set a lot.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/24/2020 2:43 pm  #165

I started out with a black helmet but I thought that it threw the color balance off, especially on the away. This time, I tried to jam as much red into the helmet as I could without actually making it red. I think it's better, especially in terms of the logo, but I'm not sure I like it more than the red helmet in a vacuum.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/24/2020 3:19 pm  #166

I see what you're saying about the black helmet, and I'm okay either way. My vote's with you as you designed it.

9/24/2020 3:32 pm  #167

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I started out with a black helmet but I thought that it threw the color balance off, especially on the away. This time, I tried to jam as much red into the helmet as I could without actually making it red. I think it's better, especially in terms of the logo, but I'm not sure I like it more than the red helmet in a vacuum.

As an outsider, this helmet is gorgeous. The crab itself adds enough red to justify the rest of the red being designed as it is.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

9/24/2020 7:56 pm  #168

Since we're getting pretty close to the deadline here, I'm gonna go ahead and post the recap of everything. If I don't hear back by later tonight, I'm gonna go ahead and send these off, so if you have any suggestions, make sure to let me know before then. Some things of note: I went with the gold checkers on the basketball alt and the black helmet on lacrosse, since those seemed to be slight favorites. (I also tried to do a bit of color correction on baseball so the gray doesn't look so dark.)

9/24/2020 8:02 pm  #169

If all of us are ready, let’s send this thing!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/24/2020 8:18 pm  #170

All good for me

Board footera