Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/19/2020 10:16 pm  #141

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

I like the baseball a lot! The home look is just about perfect. I like the idea of a darker gray for the roadies, but the gray does look really dark in that image. I don't think you need to redo it necessarily, but it might be a good idea to get a sample or a hex code for the gray you intended just so it's easier for the QCS team to translate. I really like the alternate; it almost feels like a throwback or a fauxback to me.

9/20/2020 12:19 am  #142

ANDY! wrote:

Baseball: I'm really liking the home and away, and i'm indifferent on the alt. I'm cool with keeping it how it is, I'm cool with adding yellow.

Basketball: I made your suggested changes. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I totally get where you're coming from, having them match with football's color usage.

Edit: I realize the player name font is massive, I fixed it now, but I'm really too tired to re-upload such a minor detail.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, but this looks a lot better! I do have one more idea for you, take it or leave it: slant the checkers a little bit so they reflect the Baltimore/Maryland flags. I had considered adding something like that into the football concepts, but it didn't feel right there, but the checkers are close enough already that I think it could work. Like I said, not a huge deal, but I think it'd be cool.

9/20/2020 12:59 am  #143

The gray on the left was what I was looking for, but the right side of the image turned out much darker

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/20/2020 10:16 am  #144

Here's a home basketball concept. I sadly could not figure out the slanted checkers. I had that same thought cross my mind.

Last edited by ANDY! (9/20/2020 10:17 am)

9/20/2020 7:39 pm  #145

Basketball still looking good! Good to hear we're at least on the same page about the checkers. If I were to make the pattern and send you the file, could you maybe put it on the jerseys?

9/20/2020 7:54 pm  #146

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Basketball still looking good! Good to hear we're at least on the same page about the checkers. If I were to make the pattern and send you the file, could you maybe put it on the jerseys?

Yeah for sure, that would look awesome!

9/20/2020 9:23 pm  #147

ANDY! wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Yeah for sure, that would look awesome!

Cool! If you want a vector file, let me know the file type and an email I can send it to; otherwise, here's a PNG (spoilered because it's hella tall):

9/21/2020 5:56 pm  #148

Slight issue with the new checkers, whenever I try to set masks so I can change color, it looks translucent, but the opacity is at 100%. If anyone who is tech savvy wants to give feedback, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ANDY! (9/21/2020 6:07 pm)

9/22/2020 11:28 am  #149

With only 2 days left... how are we doing on Canton College?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/22/2020 1:29 pm  #150

Dan O'Mac wrote:

With only 2 days left... how are we doing on Canton College?

Well, we've got a primary logo, a wordmark, a full set of both baseball and football uniforms, and two basketball uniforms that I'd be happy with submitting (although I'd still like to get the flag-style checkers on there if possible). We still need a secondary logo, a lacrosse set, and any other alternates we want to include. I'm working on a crab logo and I think I'm close to getting it in a place where I'm happy with it. I believe ANDY! was gonna work on lacrosse again. Speaking of which:

ANDY! wrote:

Slight issue with the new checkers, whenever I try to set masks so I can change color, it looks translucent, but the opacity is at 100%. If anyone who is tech savvy wants to give feedback, that would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure why that's happening. What program are you using? That might help narrow down the issue. Alternatively, if it's just swapping out the checkers, maybe you could just send me the basketball files and see if I could get them to work so you can get started on lacrosse? Let me know.

Board footera