Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2020 2:00 pm  #131

Re: Term 1 - Group 7

The font is Chakra Petch Semi-bold. I also put together a wordmark using the same font, and I think I'll probably use it for numbers and NOBs as well:

9/17/2020 5:40 pm  #132

Here's my first go at football:

Kept it fairly traditional for the two main sets, with a few quirks here and there. I wanted to keep the striping simple, but I threw a little gold on the sleeves to get it more involved. The alternate is a blackout uniform that the team would probably wear once, maybe twice, a year. What do y'all think?

9/17/2020 6:46 pm  #133

I dig it. Simple, yet modern. Just out of curiosity, how do you decide what brand certain colleges rep? I ask this because CF was Adidas, while Canton is UA.

9/17/2020 7:28 pm  #134

Canton is in the shadow of Under Armor HQ. Gotta be UA for the Fishers! 

9/17/2020 7:31 pm  #135

ANDY! wrote:

I dig it. Simple, yet modern. Just out of curiosity, how do you decide what brand certain colleges rep? I ask this because CF was Adidas, while Canton is UA.

Thanks! Coastal Florida being Adidas was a pretty arbitrary decision, more of a gut feeling than anything else. As for Canton, Gritty nailed it. (Bonus fact: not only are UA's global headquarters in Baltimore, they also have an HQ in Guangzhou, which is where Canton, Baltimore was named after.)

9/19/2020 1:48 pm  #136

Alright, here is the first draft for basketball. I realize the UA logo isn't on there, but it was already a PNG before I saw that, and I want thoughts because this is pretty different. Let me know if it's too Maryland-y or if it's too similar to Kentucky.

9/19/2020 6:47 pm  #137

Alright I didn't really like that one that much so I made a new version. Also, I've realized that basketball usually has white at home, so this is an away concept. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by ANDY! (9/19/2020 6:51 pm)

9/19/2020 9:40 pm  #138

I definitely like the second one better than the first one. I like the design; the checkers are kind of Kentucky-ish but they don't exist in this universe so I think we're probably fine. What I will say though is that they have quite a lot of gold, and they don't have any white at all. I sort of pictured them using gold as the lowest priority color, and I'm not sure the red vibes with it when there's so much of it. What I'd personally do is make the lettering and numbering white with a black outline, and then switch black and gold everywhere else you have them. That said, if we want to go with gold as a secondary instead, that could definitely work, but I'd probably have to redo the football uniforms if that was the case.

tl;dr: it's a good design, but it uses the color scheme very differently than my football uniforms, so we should probably figure out how exactly we want to distribute the colors.

9/19/2020 9:48 pm  #139

I like the yellow checkers more than the black.

Also, here's some baseball. It looks on my screen that my gray came through darker than I anticipated. I did go with a darker gray intentionally. The yellow should be a narrow line, and all fonts should be the selected font. The alternate intentionally uses no gold to deviate from the Maryland-esque look on the red jersey. I can redo it if you feel I should.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/19/2020 10:09 pm  #140

Baseball: I'm really liking the home and away, and i'm indifferent on the alt. I'm cool with keeping it how it is, I'm cool with adding yellow.

Basketball: I made your suggested changes. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but I totally get where you're coming from, having them match with football's color usage.

Edit: I realize the player name font is massive, I fixed it now, but I'm really too tired to re-upload such a minor detail.

Last edited by ANDY! (9/19/2020 10:10 pm)

Board footera