Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2020 3:55 pm  #1

A little surprise

The year is 2021, The NHL can't afford another lockdown but it's destiny for a lockdown to happen, the league shuts down permanently with no answer in sight. A week after the fold of the NHL, something important happens, a group of people known to have a project called The NHL Backup Plan comes to life, and when we need Hockey the most, that is where all of us come in: the creation of the Continental Hockey League! No plans are announced for cities and the team amounts, our job is to bring this league to life. Our goal is to create a beautiful looking, enjoyable, and most glorious hockey league to ever exist. 
What do you guys think? I think it's not bad if I say so myself. C&C appreciated!

Last edited by Sevsdast (9/03/2020 3:55 pm)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

9/03/2020 4:36 pm  #2

Re: A little surprise

I’m a little confused by the idea. Is it a sim or is it just designing teams with a reason behind it? It kind of feels like the AltHL but just design with no further plans after that. Is taking it at face value correct or is this just the intro?

9/03/2020 4:55 pm  #3

Re: A little surprise

This does kind of feel like a ripoff of the AltHL. Now, there’s nothing wrong with making a new league like this but it just seems too similar for comfort.

I’d recommend trying to instead get this project going on your own—as in, do some of the work instead of leaving it entirely in the hands of the community. Make a list of cities, give ideas for nicknames, anything.

At this point this seems like no more than an idea without anything done with it.

Board footera