Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2020 12:07 pm  #1

What Gear Brands Do You Rep?

For all those who play sports, any sports, what brand of gear is your current setup and what setups have been your favorites?

My current setup for hockey is in a middling stage as I’m in the process of updating it. My leg pads are my old Warrior Ritual G2s, chest protector is an old Reebok, and my skates are Bauer (not sure the model). My new gear consists of Warrior Ritual X2 goalie breezers (or pants), Warrior Ritual G5 glove and blocker, and now a Warrior RF1 mask (My helmet needed replacing, it was a Hackva, that’s how old it was) and a RM1 stick is soon joining my array to replace my old Reebok. I fell in love with Warrior Hockey after using my original G1 leg pads in 7th grade. For those who don’t know, Warrior doesn’t pay to supply NHL goalies with anything but sticks, but they have a very solid European and junior prescense.

So post away! What are you gearing up with? Pictures are more than welcome to show your stuff off!

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (8/30/2020 12:08 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/30/2020 4:20 pm  #2

Re: What Gear Brands Do You Rep?

Going through my old looks I noticed that some things always stayed the same. I always had Bauer skates and until J-Gold sticks too, Vaughn chest pads and breezers, and after my first set I used Brians only for my gloves and blockers,

I'm just gonna go through old pics of me whenever I made a big change in gear because I feel like it

The OG set up, gear from the association with my Sher-Wood Stick that gave me splinters in the palm with my first actual goalie mask, Cujo vibes

Next up was Peewees, I rocked the all Reebok... I mean RBK set up with my first and only custom painted mask.

Then came my first year of Bantams where I discovered Brians and fell in love with their gloves and blockers.

I grew out of my first set of Brians Beast pads after one year so I went out and got another for my second year of Bantams (Section30 face reveal). This was the year I discovered pad wrap, customizing my pad colors.

Here's a 100% unaltered image of me in my first year of Jr Gold. Brians made the switch in their leg pads to more elastic strap based instead of classic leather so I went back to Vaughn but kept the Brians gloves. I went out and bought solid white gear knowing that I wanted to do something completely custom for my pads so I used pad wrap to make a sock stripe design on my pads and gloves.

I used the same pads for the next season but I finally needed a new bucket so I again went with a solid white Bauer mask and customized it myself. To save time and money I didn't get it painted, instead I decided to go with a Denis Herron style design on the mask in our team colors using electrical tape. The "navy" color was actually royal blue tape that I drew on with a sharpie to make it darker. I also bought Warrior sticks for the first time simply because they were 2 for $40 and I needed new sticks.

Then came my senior season where we were forced to go back to navy and green so I went out and bought green pad wrap and redid my pads to match our new unis. I also was forced to redo my mask and just decided to use the same stripe style big on both sides but inversed because I had more blue tape than green lol. 

8/30/2020 4:26 pm  #3

Graf 735s with the nastiest tongue flop on the ice (even when it went out of style). I previously kept a large supply of Easton S19 and later the Mako so I could use the Heatley curve. In between I found a very nice alternative in the True brand, but now that I'm only coaching I pick up whatever ASU is selling out the back door. Right now I think I have a newer CCM. Helmet and gloves are both Bauer, the helmet being a Re-Akt which I've continually bought since about 15.

Here's this for reference

8/30/2020 5:03 pm  #4

Section30, have fun with the Warrior twigs! They won’t let you down! I also noticed my trend away from Reebok, as we see from the earlier pic I have of me with my Reebok gear in 10U, complete with Itech bucket and for half the year, one of those rubber blade tape wraps.

In Bantam I got my first Warrior leg pads, while the helmet was 2 years old, but I still have Reebok gloves.

Then in high school, I started to mellow out of travel, and as such, played my first beer league tournament with my dad’s team as a junior in high school, and fell in love with Warrior leg pads with my Ritual G2s (couldn’t have found better pic, all images I have suck or aren’t in action)

Then there’s today, where I’ve finally gotten upgraded gloves, pants and helmet, and finally match all my stuff to Warrior.

Scratch, that is a tongue flop for the ages!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)

8/30/2020 9:58 pm  #5

If this counts, I’m manager for my school’s football team and I’ve worn Adidas gear because they have Adidas uniforms.

8/30/2020 10:02 pm  #6

CCLXXXVII wrote:

If this counts, I’m manager for my school’s football team and I’ve worn Adidas gear because they have Adidas uniforms.

Certainly does. Any gear relating to any sports.

8/30/2020 10:06 pm  #7

I do some old timers wrestling tournaments. I still wear Asics, only brand I've ever worn, almost 25 years. Hell, my current shoes I've had longer than I've been married to my wife.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/30/2020 10:20 pm  #8

Edit - Welp, that's Embarrassing.

Last edited by sportsfan7 (8/30/2020 10:35 pm)

8/30/2020 10:23 pm  #9

All I can think of is my first baseball bat from 1997. It’s at my parents place. Best baseball bat I have ever used Can’t remember the brand though

8/30/2020 10:29 pm  #10

Dan: Very nice story, a little nostalgia never hurt anyone when it comes to brand loyalty!

sportsfan7: Uhhh, hate to break it to you, but wrong thread, my man.

Rugrat: I’d be interested to know more about it!

Board footera