Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/28/2020 1:08 pm  #1

Possible Community Project - Fictional Colleges

Hey everyone, I figured I should start a different thread to really explore this idea. Basically the idea is that we pool our resources and create tons of different colleges to fill out a fictional world. We'd need to know how many people would be interested in this, but I'd be willing to spearhead organization efforts at the beginning. To my understanding, it would work something like this:

One person is named the "creative director" of the conference, who is allowed to guide (but not declare) locations, design, style, mascots, and other details. This person is given a group of randomized participants that work to create 1-2 schools in that conference in the hopes of getting conferences with around 8-12 schools. After that conference is complete, everyone is pooled together again and new directors are declared. We'd go until everyone who wants to be a director has been one, and then we'd have a massive pool of colleges available for use.

Those would be the basic rules for the project, but we would have to have some design guidelines to follow. People contributing would have to be actually designing colleges, not just suggesting names/locations. If you have suggestions for rules/methods, please let me know so we can get this to a point where people want to participate and get things done.

8/28/2020 1:17 pm  #2

Re: Possible Community Project - Fictional Colleges

QCS wrote:

Hey everyone, I figured I should start a different thread to really explore this idea. Basically the idea is that we pool our resources and create tons of different colleges to fill out a fictional world. We'd need to know how many people would be interested in this, but I'd be willing to spearhead organization efforts at the beginning. To my understanding, it would work something like this:

One person is named the "creative director" of the conference, who is allowed to guide (but not declare) locations, design, style, mascots, and other details. This person is given a group of randomized participants that work to create 1-2 schools in that conference in the hopes of getting conferences with around 8-12 schools. After that conference is complete, everyone is pooled together again and new directors are declared. We'd go until everyone who wants to be a director has been one, and then we'd have a massive pool of colleges available for use.

Those would be the basic rules for the project, but we would have to have some design guidelines to follow. People contributing would have to be actually designing colleges, not just suggesting names/locations. If you have suggestions for rules/methods, please let me know so we can get this to a point where people want to participate and get things done.

Hey that was my idea! Count me in for this!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/28/2020 1:21 pm  #3

I like the sound of this! If we're doing uniforms for certain sports, then maybe to streamline things we only do like a couple of sports (like do the major ones most colleges have, e.g. football, baseball, basketball, etc.) so that one college doesn't take more time than the other ones.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

8/28/2020 1:30 pm  #4

I think people who aren’t well versed in design but love to participate wouldn’t necessarily need to be forced to design because that would either produce inconsistent work or it would have people feeling left out. The general idea of groups was so we could collaborate on all levels no matter what skill an individual is at. ThisIsFine mentioned they’d help in the other thread but wasn’t interested in design and I feel that be ok given their positive  reputation on the forum. QCS you should message me because I’d like to assist in this. My general thought was a quick one because I’m at work, but I have some other ideas that might help us set this up together.

8/28/2020 1:37 pm  #5

Yeah, I can name and locate a school, but I can’t do logos or uniforms.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/28/2020 1:40 pm  #6

To everyone who can't do designs, that's ok! I'm working with THS to get something together we can all work on. If you have any suggestions for how the project would work (not colleges/locations yet, haha), let me hear it! 

8/28/2020 1:44 pm  #7

Do Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball (Your specialty QCS).

Last edited by Sevsdast (8/28/2020 1:44 pm)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/28/2020 1:55 pm  #8

I would be open to being involved with this!

8/28/2020 2:07 pm  #9

I'm in for this for sure. 

When we say fictional colleges, are we talking real world cities though, or are we talking about a completely fictional map? I think there are pros and cons to both of those but that can all be fleshed out long term.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

8/28/2020 2:10 pm  #10

I’d do this for sure! I can’t design logos but I can make up the colleagues themselves!

Board footera