Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2020 7:39 pm  #1

College Sports League Ideas

I want to make a college sports confederation. I want 500 schools, but I want to do something that's essentially ready-made. I tried taking my colleges from the 500 largest cities in the United States, but like 100 of them are in Southern California, so that doesn't work because I want to spread it out more. What do you think are options? I could use lakes to center them around, but I can't find a list of lakes that big. Anybody have any ideas?

8/26/2020 7:54 pm  #2

Re: College Sports League Ideas

GregTheWolf144 wrote:

I want to make a college sports confederation. I want 500 schools, but I want to do something that's essentially ready-made. I tried taking my colleges from the 500 largest cities in the United States, but like 100 of them are in Southern California, so that doesn't work because I want to spread it out more. What do you think are options? I could use lakes to center them around, but I can't find a list of lakes that big. Anybody have any ideas?

As some one who has tried and failed with BIG projects. I'd think about focusing on your Major Schools think like Power Five or something. Really build those ideas up and out. Then as you like what you have start to build the more minor schools.  500 is a lot to work with and give them equal attention.  

I'd choose your major schools based off of the locations of your conferences.  For my college project I pick some big cities and some small towns (as most big schools are in smaller locations).  

8/26/2020 9:07 pm  #3

Try something still big, but a bit smaller. like 104.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/26/2020 9:40 pm  #4

Maybe collaborate with some users? It's a good way to familiarize yourself with the community.

8/27/2020 11:48 am  #5

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Maybe collaborate with some users? It's a good way to familiarize yourself with the community.

I second this

8/27/2020 1:01 pm  #6

A little while ago a made a "Division 4" of 221 fictional colleges, complete with names, enrollment, etc., and then never did anything with it. I would be happy to send it to you if you need something to start with.

8/27/2020 6:48 pm  #7

I would suggest collaborating with JCRGraphix at the CCSLC forum because he/she had a nice college concept series not too long ago.

8/27/2020 11:31 pm  #8

NeoPrankster wrote:

I would suggest collaborating with JCRGraphix at the CCSLC forum because he/she had a nice college concept series not too long ago.

While that would be absolutely 100% ideal for most of us because of their inspired work, JCR’s track record can be spotty. I’d aim for someone who’s a little more active and wants to elevate the idea. Not the other way around.

8/27/2020 11:56 pm  #9

sportsfan7 wrote:

A little while ago a made a "Division 4" of 221 fictional colleges, complete with names, enrollment, etc., and then never did anything with it. I would be happy to send it to you if you need something to start with.

Could I have that? That would be amazing. Thank you.

8/28/2020 8:49 am  #10

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

I wonder, if we were able to get some content creators here on board, could we each do like 3 or 4 then you'd have like 50 teams right off the bat. It might be a fun exercise given how our styles differ, so the universities wouldn't look too similar to each other. I'd be down for that, it might be a good way to get some different looks for every team.

Board footera