Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/27/2020 9:29 am  #81

Re: Canadian Premiere Hockey League

Cmon Quebec let’s go make a run in year 1

9/28/2020 8:40 pm  #82

I'm not sure when I'll get the playoffs up, but they are coming. Until then, I offer you a look at how the league looks on ice at the moment.

[img]

Let's hear your thoughts, rankings, and suggestions. I love hearing from all of you chaos and lasses! I'll try my best to get the playoffs rolling soon, but we'll see what life throws!

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (9/28/2020 8:42 pm)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

9/28/2020 8:55 pm  #83

I never really noticed how each team has only one uniform and I think that's a really cool idea

It could be interesting to do something similar to like soccer kits possibly with each team having a classic look that they use as a primary and then maybe a secondary clash jersey

9/29/2020 7:16 am  #84

Section30 wrote:

I never really noticed how each team has only one uniform and I think that's a really cool idea

It could be interesting to do something similar to like soccer kits possibly with each team having a classic look that they use as a primary and then maybe a secondary clash jersey

Wasn't my plan, but I actually do like that idea. Might have to work that at some point, but tv will change things in the 50s.

9/29/2020 1:46 pm  #85

1936-37 PLAY-OFFS

FIRST QUARTER FINAL (OTTAWA VS HAMILTON)
The play-offs began in Hamilton, where the Cavalry and the Steelmen did battle. Ottawa took game one 3-1, with Peter Darling and Johnathan Anderson burying 2 goals, somehow, and then George Hamlet putting the nail in the coffin. Owen Thompson was the only one who could find the net for Hamilton in that game late in the third. Game two went to overtime, as Mike Cavillo took the game winner for Ottawa. Then Hamilton took over. Harrison Jones and Peter Holliday led the way in a devastating 6-4 win for the Steelmen. The next two games were also big wins, as Ermis Siskakos put up all three goals in the game five 3-1 win to send Hamilton to the next round.

SECOND QUARTER FINAL (QUEBEC VS HALIFAX)
Our two expansion teams meet in the first round of their first play-off appearance, in their first year. Yes, it’s a lot of firsts for them. Haider May, one of only two superstars on Halifax, would score in a 2-1 overtime win for Quebec. Marc-Antoine Abbadie would match Didier Batteaux goal for goal as Quebec wins game two 6-1. Hector Gounelle and Pierre-Louis Noir would repeat the performance, sweeping Halifax in three.

FIRST SEMI-FINAL (MONTREAL VS PEMBROKE)

Montreal slaughters Pembroke in 2. Pembroke barely started.

SECOND SEMI-FINAL (QUEBEC VS HAMILTON)
Swen Hartknock put Hamilton on his back, leading them to a 5-4 loss to Quebec in the first game, scoring one and assisting on the other three. Game 2 would be a scoring fest and would end up needing two overtime periods. Hamilton tried to fight back in game two, knowing that their season was on the line. Quebec would try and utilize their enforcers and grinders to shut down the Hamilton push, and ended up helping Hamilton to come back and tying the game with a minute left in the third. The game would last longer than any CPHL game to date, with Josue Bachlet somehow managing to score the seventh goal for Quebec.

9/29/2020 1:51 pm  #86

Alright Quebec lets do this thing!

10/01/2020 8:40 am  #87

The first official Borden Cup Final featured the Quebec Civil War. The first period was high scoring, Baptiste Bourcier opening the scoring half way through the first period. A lucky shot off the rush barely snuck past the stand-up Matias Bell, and barely made it past the swinging sticks. That shot opened up the scoring, as Daniel Popelin got Montreal’s first goal, beating Henri Portier just under the glove. From there, veteran winger Marius Bessoit beat Portier on a nifty one-handed move, and then shortly thereafter feeding Arnaud Barrande on the point for an absolute bullet of a goal. From there, Abbadie and Batteaux tied it up with only a few minutes left in the first.

Noir would open the scoring for Quebec in the second, once more taking advantage of Bell’s stand-up style, beating him on a beautiful pinch and a cross crease pass from Louis Maurice. Jacques Lafleur answered quickly for Montreal, netting a cute backhand from close in, while fighting off both Quebec defenders. That would be Montreal’s last goal for over twenty minutes, as Maurice would bury a quick snipe from the wing from a beautiful pass from Bourcier. With five minutes left in the second, Gounelle would be find a hole in Bell’s performance, once more beating him with a weak shot on the wing. The last five minutes saw Montreal trying desperately to bring the momentum back in their favour. They began to use a mix-match of lines, pairing scorers with enforcers or grinders to try and beat a goal out of the Defensuers. After two periods, Quebec was up 6-4.

Coming out for the third period, Elias Laduc skated out to the Montreal goal and Bell sat dispirited on the bench. Eight minutes into the third, Hugo Baume would break Laduc’s strangle hold on the game, sniping the top corner of the net on a perfect wrist shot over Laduc’s shoulder. Milo Beaulieu would get another goal for the Defensuers, before Noir would get his hat trick goal with four minutes left in the game. Montreal would fight back ever so slightly. Popelin would score his second on a lucky bounce past Portier, the puck bouncing off the goalie’s shoulder and in. Maxime Dimont got on the board after three scoreless games, blasting a slap shot through the crowd and past Portier. Quebec would then lock down the game, easily holding the puck in Montreal’s zone for the last minute of the game. Not long after, Quebec captain Marc-Antoine Abbadie was presented the Borden Cup for the first time in CPHL history.

10/01/2020 9:14 am  #88

Well boys we did it. Champions of Canada

10/03/2020 7:03 am  #89

1937 OFF-SEASON
Following Quebec’s monumental victory in the finals, rumours began to surround the Brampton Bandits. Their perineal dwelling in the basement had caused a lack of attendance, with most of the 3,000-seat arena being empty half way through the season, and by the end, almost less than a quarter of occupancy was filled. James Warren, concerned by this, quietly began to shop around his beloved Bandits. Reports questionably obtained indicated that Saint John’s, New Brunswick, Sudbury, Ontario, and Sherbrooke, Ontario were the front-runners to get the relocated Bandits. Other reports however, pointed to Charlottetown, P.E.I. and Moncton, NB being in the running. With reporters hounding him at every turn, Warren became more and more reclusive, hiding himself in his office more often than not. Close to the beginning of the season, Warren at last snapped at a reporter. Questioned extensively about the team, Warren turned sharply and shouted, “I don’t know! Sudbury’s my hometown, but Brampton is where my heart is, got it?” The reporter ran with it, printing an amazingly in-depth story regarding the potential relocation, or even folding, of the Brampton Bandits.

In Halifax, the Bulldogs and their fans enjoyed their victory, coming off of an amazing run in their first year. The Bulldogs would also say good-bye to Mark Newman, a veteran center who had been instrumental in the Bulldog’s surprising run. Although low in the point totals, Newman was often there in the backgrounds setting up the official assists at the key points.

RETIREMENTS
PEMBROKE:
Charles Manfredi, F. A two-way forward that never really did much other than fill a roster spot and provide some defensive assistance.

Speed Richards, D. Nothing really to say about him, as he did…absolutely nothing, at all. Ever.

Hal Freeman, G. An amazing goaltender who could have played a few more years had the league started a few years earlier. Easily one of the most beloved goalies across the league, and one of the nicest guys to meet.
TORONTO:
Andrew Smithson, F. An enforcer that used his huge size from working in factories to his advantage. Getting closer to fifty definitely forced him to either stop his physical style, or retire. He chose…wisely.

Howard Ball, G. Toronto fans breathe a sigh of relief, as they have a chance to get a decent starter his place.

HAMILTON:
Joey Westerno, F. Another depth player that some will miss, but most won’t even notice. An aged player that helped with hauling luggage.

BRAMPTON:
Joseph McCarter, D. Brampton will feel the loss of McCarter. His veteran presence will be the largest loss to the team, even if they are able to replace him talent-wise.

SIGNINGS:
Alex Hawley, 20, G, signs a 4 year, $300.00/game contract with Ottawa.

Silas Law, 25, F, signs an 8 year, $450.00/ year contract with Pembroke. (This is the first per-year contract in the CPHL.)

Johnny Asters, 23, D, signs a 2 year, $112.30/game contract with Pembroke.

Armel Battier, 21, G, signs a 5 year, $230.00/game contract with Pembroke.

Christopher O’Keefe, 18, F signs a 1 year, $100.00/game contract with Halifax.

Erick Powell, 23, F, signs a 2 year $300.00/game contract with Hamilton.

Milo Dunphy, 26, G, signs a lucrative 8 year $420.00/year contract with Toronto.

Richard Purcell, 20, D, signs a player-friendly 3 year $400.00/year contract with Brampton.

10/03/2020 9:37 am  #90

Pretty interesting offseason. Wonder where the Bandits could go

Board footera