Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2020 4:50 am  #31

Re: Canadian Premiere Hockey League

With concerns of travel to the western teams being raised, the league forced the sale of Edmonton and Calgary to alternative owners. Calgary was sold to Nicholas Evert, who relocated the team to Pembroke. Here, the team became the Pembroke Patriots in honour of the war effort that raged across Europe. Evert was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces during the Great War, serving valiantly in the...Quarter...Master...division....in Ottawa. Yes, he never left...Ontario...whatever. Service is service.

ANYWAYS! The Patriots are a sharp team, wearing green, black, and gold. Their logo is a officer's cap with a gold P on the front (hand-written, btw!). Their simple and classic striping is one of the most adventurous designs in the CPHL, and yet is one of the more traditional designs in hockey,
Also, what would you fine folks think if I did illustrations for each team's designs instead of just a simple template like this? More work, but might be a little more fun. 

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/29/2020 7:42 am  #32

I for one would totally be down for an illustration for the teams. You said you are a cartoon artist, so this could really be neat! Nice adaptation into the story for the relocations.

8/29/2020 9:27 am  #33

Pembroke (wherever that is (Arizonan here)) looks great! Kind of reminds of the old Pittsburgh Pirates look

8/29/2020 4:04 pm  #34

Love Pembroke, gives me Green Bay vibes being a small town which could be really cool for this league to have

8/29/2020 4:35 pm  #35

Huh. Didn’t expect Pembroke, but I like that. Team looks good too!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/29/2020 10:27 pm  #36

The Montreal Settlers are a team that struggles with consistency. While they almost always contend, they struggle to maintain that contention. During the early years of the league, the Settlers reached milestones for the league and were about a century ahead of what becomes a modern staple in uniform design. (A little tease there...😉)

While the miscolored stripe seems to be a mistake on my part, it actually has a story. When I first deigned the Settlers, I couldn't outline the numbers in MS Paint, so I changed the stripe. When I learnt how, I had fallen in love with the quirk.

So, off the nostalgia train. The Settlers feature a basic diagonal stripe with the team name within it. Not much to say. In futures years they make a change, but inevitably return. Will it be the untouchable classic the Steelmen or Ottawa are? Time will, literally, tell...

C+C is always appreciated. Two more teams and some updating on my end before the first season...

Also! YOU get to pick the next team! My favorite, the Ottawa Cavalry or the...intimidating Brampton Bandits?

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (1/28/2021 10:16 am)

8/30/2020 9:23 am  #37

Montreal reminds me a bit of NYR’s jerseys

8/30/2020 9:31 am  #38

Rugrat wrote:

Montreal reminds me a bit of NYR’s jerseys

Since that wasn't intentional, I'll take that as a huge compliment.

8/30/2020 9:43 am  #39

I think it’s a fun quirk, but I think eventually, it’ll need to become one solid colored sash. Plus, the letters need to be a moved bit closer together, for visibility and cleanliness purposes. I’d say let’s get Brampton next, though I’d make the letter cleanup first.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/30/2020 10:46 am  #40

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I think it’s a fun quirk, but I think eventually, it’ll need to become one solid colored sash. Plus, the letters need to be a moved bit closer together, for visibility and cleanliness purposes. I’d say let’s get Brampton next, though I’d make the letter cleanup first.

Yeah, agreed. I've never been happy with wordmark, but haven't been able to figure out how else to do it. If someone has an idea, I'm all ears. Separate layers for each letter, I suppose?

Board footera