Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2020 7:42 am  #91

Re: Canadian Premiere Hockey League

1937-38 Regular Season

The third CPHL season began with rumours running amok regarding the Brampton Bandits. The speculations among the growing fanbase were wild, with most believing that the team would simply fold. Apparently, the players on Brampton didn’t agree with the fans and Evert. While they didn’t put up a record-breaking season, the Bandits pulled together their best season yet, led by Walter Griffith and Maxime Pelletier. Combined, the two tallied almost 150 points, which set a CPHL record. By play-off time, the Bandits were generally considered a team that could cause some serious trouble if taken lightly. 20-year-old Richard Purcell delivered a strong rookie season, netting 21 goals and, ironically, 1 assist.

Even with so many heads turning towards Purcell and the Bandits, the astonishing seasons posted by Hamilton and Pembroke did not go unnoticed. They matched each other game for game, sometimes literally. Their first meeting of the season was a high scoring match, with tensions rising close to the end of the second period. With Pembroke down by 1 and time dying in the second, Coach Al Goodrow sent out J.J. King and Michael Sloan to try and slow Hamilton’s scorers down. In response, Reginald Tradesmen tapped Noah Michaels and Quinton Manders on the shoulder. The showdown on the ice was legendary.
Not one hit was thrown by any of them, and their hands suddenly became alive. King and Sloan, normally a line where players hid for their lives, put together an amazing give and go play before Sloan beat Maxime Auvrey for the tying goal. After a much more physical third, Siskakos would find the back of the net for the winner.

After going undefeated, Montreal dropped to third, even though they looked brilliant. Despite dropping 5 games this season, the Settlers continued to look promising, with many of their young players being extremely promising. Laduc continued to amaze the masses with his insane style of play in goal, and his lateral movement being the absolute best in the league. Toronto, Brampton, and Halifax would finish tied with 28 points, with Halifax getting the last playoff spot. Hamilton’s Ermis Siskakos and Mike Cavillo of Ottawa battled all season long for the league’s point totals, coming down to a few points, with Cavillo edging Siskakos out by the end of the season.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (10/27/2020 9:01 am)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

10/10/2020 4:39 pm  #92

Cmon Quebec that’s no way to follow up a championship!

Last edited by Rugrat (10/10/2020 4:39 pm)

10/12/2020 4:02 pm  #93

As a Thanksgiving special, 4 teams participated in two games that was broadcasted on all the local radios.

Hamilton and Toronto's game also got broadcasted on CBC's national broadcast. Hamilton took the game in outstanding fashion as Jones and Siskaos enjoyed multi-point performances in a 5-0 shut-out.

Montreal held their ground as Quebec made a last period push after being held scoreless for 2 periods. Unfortunately, the Defensuers were unable to tie the game as Bell stood firm to win 3-2.

Happy Thanksgiving to you fine folks!

10/14/2020 12:42 pm  #94

Checking in here, I love the old-timey feel of the jersey templates. Unfortunate that Ottawa kinda sucked this year, hopefully they'll bounce back in 38-39.

10/14/2020 8:36 pm  #95

NoE38 wrote:

Checking in here, I love the old-timey feel of the jersey templates. Unfortunate that Ottawa kinda sucked this year, hopefully they'll bounce back in 38-39.

All the teams finished over .500, so I would say that they were a little short on puck luck. Ottawa's got a hell of a team, I have no doubt they'll stay in contention.

In the future, all the teams who survive will look back on 1937-38 as a year of honour and legend, an achievement that will be hard to imitate.

10/25/2020 6:25 pm  #96

With a couple of days left before the playoffs, I'm open to any questions you fine folks find to fire at me about the league, the behind the scenes, teams or players. Lets have em!

10/25/2020 6:38 pm  #97

How do you simulate the games and season?

10/25/2020 8:33 pm  #98

Good question.

The seasons are still being fine tuned, but at the moment each teams rating (an average of their offense, defence, and goaltending) dictates their success. Hence why this year teams had an unrealistic total, a problem that is being adressed.

The playoff games are simulated with dice. Each game I roll, one for each team. If they tie, I roll again and the higher wins by one in OT.

For the finals, I roll each period out individually. After each roll, I cast a due to see if they keep the number or not. 1-5, they don't. A 6 and they do.

As I said, the method for the regular season is under review, but I hope to finalize before the CPHL's 10th anniversary.

10/26/2020 12:09 am  #99

Will Quebec have the first pick in the draft?

10/26/2020 5:46 am  #100

As of yet, there's no draft for the league. You want a prospect you send him a letter. So hypothetically, maybe. Depends on the system that eventually gets implemented.

Board footera