Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2020 8:01 pm  #1

Potential return of Solar League Baseball?

Hi everybody! 

Hope all is well with you guys. I've been lurking these boards for the past year and I'm itching to revive my Solar League fan fic that I had over on the old CCSLC boards. 

I'm planning on having mostly the same teams come back, but I want to mix it up a little bit here and there, and possibly add a few more teams. I'm planning on actually starting this league with some history and lore already in, instead of starting from scratch. Like, I'd start in the 75th or 100th year of the league, and then take it from there year by year. 

But I would love to have someone to brain storm with if that's okay! I'm looking for team, location, and divisional alignment ideas. 

Just send me a PM and we can hash it out there! 

In case you don't remember, here's a few of the "classical" teams in the Solar League - Mercury Mets, Venus Sparrows, Earth Astronauts, Luna Apollos, Mars Warriors, Ceres Belters, Jupiter Kings.

Thanks!
~ RR9

7/31/2020 8:39 pm  #2

Re: Potential return of Solar League Baseball?

I'd love to see it return! I'd be more than willing to collaborate, just shoot me a DM, and we can work it out from there

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/31/2020 8:46 pm  #3

Could we potentially get a Europe team?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/31/2020 8:56 pm  #4

As long as the Mets and the Astronauts don't dominate as much as they did before I'd love to see its return!

Jk, bring back however you and Dan figure out.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/31/2020 8:56 pm  #5

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I'd love to see it return! I'd be more than willing to collaborate, just shoot me a DM, and we can work it out from there

Sounds good! I'll shoot you a DM! 

ThisIsFine wrote:

Could we potentially get a Europe team?

That is a potential idea! Even though I have an Earth team already (the Earth Astronauts), I'm not against expanding to a couple teams on Earth that's regional based (Europe, Asia, Caribbean, etc.).  I can send you a DM too. 

Just an FYI guys, the DM is going to be 2 parts, lol...

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

As long as the Mets and the Astronauts don't dominate as much as they did before I'd love to see its return!

Jk, bring back however you and Dan figure out.

Haha, that just depends on how OOTP decides to shake things out! 

Last edited by RoughRiders9 (7/31/2020 9:00 pm)

7/31/2020 9:23 pm  #6

I hope this starts in 2550 (the season after the last one), not back in 2500...

Also, I, like Dan O'Mac, am willing to collaborate as well. I mostly want to help out with facility design (stadiums, the Hall of Fame building, etc.) and dissemination of historical info from the last 50 years of SLB (ex: retired numbers, Hall of Fame plaques, and the like).

Good to see you again, RR9!

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

7/31/2020 9:52 pm  #7

RoughRiders9 wrote:

Hi everybody! 

Hope all is well with you guys. I've been lurking these boards for the past year and I'm itching to revive my Solar League fan fic that I had over on the old CCSLC boards. 

I'm planning on having mostly the same teams come back, but I want to mix it up a little bit here and there, and possibly add a few more teams. I'm planning on actually starting this league with some history and lore already in, instead of starting from scratch.~ RR9

Yea, I’m not sure why you’d start from me. That seems like a bad idea with my lack of baseball knowledge. Jokes aside, wish we had you sooner, happy we have you now. Really enjoyed your work.

7/31/2020 10:12 pm  #8

dvdbubba27 wrote:

I hope this starts in 2550 (the season after the last one), not back in 2500...

Also, I, like Dan O'Mac, am willing to collaborate as well. I mostly want to help out with facility design (stadiums, the Hall of Fame building, etc.) and dissemination of historical info from the last 50 years of SLB (ex: retired numbers, Hall of Fame plaques, and the like).

Good to see you again, RR9!

Good to see you too! And yeah sure! I'd love to have some of your input on this project as well! And yes, that is the plan. I will be starting way later in the 26th century, although I'm not sure when exactly that will be yet. And it will be a different history than the original SLB series on CCSLC. So it's more of a reboot instead of a revive? 

I'll send you a PM at some point tonight or tomorrow. 

GoRedSox96 wrote:

While i may not be from CCSLC i am excited whenever a new project is brought up! I'd love to see this become a reality here on AHS!

Thank you! I'm looking forward to starting this up after I have everything I need ready to go! 

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Yea, I’m not sure why you’d start from me. That seems like a bad idea with my lack of baseball knowledge. Jokes aside, wish we had you sooner, happy we have you now. Really enjoyed your work.

Yes me too. I wish I was on here sooner, but life happened and that always take priority. But now I have a little time here and there I thought I'd start this up again. 

7/31/2020 10:19 pm  #9

Count me in as a brain stormer. I may not be great as a designer, but I can help with some name ideas. Shoot me PMs when/if you need a name or logo concept and I can try to help.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/31/2020 10:19 pm  #10

I can brainstorm!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera