Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/16/2020 3:55 pm  #11

Re: My local rink needs new management.

Just signed the petition

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

7/16/2020 3:56 pm  #12

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

How many surfaces is this rink?

Two, one NHL size and one Olympic size.

Hm, no reason it shouldn’t at least have the opportunity to be profitable then. I’ve worked at rinks on and off my whole life. Managing one and building a youth program would be a dream come true. I’m stunned that the Thunder haven’t done more about it. I hope it’s taken care of because that’s a market that could definitely grow without a cap.

That’s what everyone in the community is saying. The problem is the Steven brothers are advertising it as Genesis Health Clubs instead of Wichita Ice Center. The only reason the Thunder don’t do anything about it is because Rodney owns the Thunder. The city just needs to see through the Steven brothers’ money pit and realize they’ve almost killed the rink. Hell, the brothers sued and got almost $200K when the chillers went down and the city collected Business Interruption Insurance.

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Just signed the petition

Thank you! You’re amazing!

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (7/16/2020 3:58 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/16/2020 4:13 pm  #13

Cardiac Cardinal wrote:

Signed it! I would take over but I live far away

Thank you! It’s all good, we have someone who wants to take over in town already.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)

7/16/2020 7:52 pm  #14

Gave a Signature all the way over here in Boston. Best of luck to you Edgey

Last edited by Darknes (7/16/2020 7:52 pm)

7/16/2020 8:36 pm  #15

Signed! Good hockey facilities are amazing, and it sounds like your community wants to simply have good facilities

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/16/2020 8:51 pm  #16

Darknes wrote:

Gave a Signature all the way over here in Boston. Best of luck to you Edgey

Thank you man, you’re awesome!

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Signed! Good hockey facilities are amazing, and it sounds like your community wants to simply have good facilities

Thanks, man! The issue is it didn’t have to come to this. If we had operators who weren’t complete hucksters, we would have a very good rink.

7/16/2020 8:59 pm  #17

Gave it a sign, best of luck my friend.

7/16/2020 10:03 pm  #18

QCS wrote:

Gave it a sign, best of luck my friend.

Thank you, man. I really hope this petition gets us the leadership we need to turn it around.

7/17/2020 10:53 pm  #19

I hope you can get a decent rink man. I have two ODR near me, one is a Sens foundation rink, and the upkeep stinks, and my indoor rink doesn't allow pickup hockey so I know your feelings.

Keep your chin up man! The feeling of skating is worth it! Could you, perhaps, get involved personally?

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

7/18/2020 1:10 am  #20

Gave it a sign. Best of luck to ya!

Board footera