Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2020 5:02 pm  #11

Re: Washington to retire name

I would personally prefer Redtails or Redhawks just to keep the general name plus it would be easy to just make minor adjustments to like the team song and slogan (plus they can keep #HTTR)

If I had to bet on what I think it's going to be though I would go with the Warriors, I just have a feeling that's what they'll go with. Both the name and nickname would start with W and they could keep the same general look they have used for so long, maybe even bringing back the FSU style helmets

7/13/2020 5:06 pm  #12

Section30 wrote:

I would personally prefer Redtails or Redhawks just to keep the general name plus it would be easy to just make minor adjustments to like the team song and slogan (plus they can keep #HTTR)

If I had to bet on what I think it's going to be though I would go with the Warriors, I just have a feeling that's what they'll go with. Both the name and nickname would start with W and they could keep the same general look they have used for so long, maybe even bringing back the FSU style helmets

It is such an interesting situation.  I felt like they should consult some Native American tribes as to what they'd like.  I think that would be a good move.  Then I saw an article today that the Navajo Nation suggested the name Code Talkers after the work they did in World War II.  While it would never happen I think it is kind of cool.

7/13/2020 5:12 pm  #13

7/13/2020 5:41 pm  #14

sportsfan7 wrote:

You didn’t take this seriously, right?

Last edited by ThisIsFine (7/13/2020 5:41 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/13/2020 6:12 pm  #15

ThisIsFine wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

I get all of my news from the Onion

7/13/2020 6:45 pm  #16

It's gotta be Redtails: starts with R, keeps the colors, even in-line with the military stuff Rivera wants. Even better, it pays homage to a group of incredibly important minorities, giving the team quite literally a once-in-a-lifetime PR chance to switch gears from celebrating oppression to becoming one of the most progressive voices in sports. You'd have to be dumb to pass this chance up.

7/13/2020 7:00 pm  #17

sportsfan7 wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

You must not be very tech-savvy.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/13/2020 7:03 pm  #18

ThisIsFine wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

That's why onions are crunchy, you know - from all the complicated circuitry inside.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

7/13/2020 8:41 pm  #19

ThisIsFine wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

The Onion is America's most trusted and accurate news source

7/13/2020 8:44 pm  #20

GoRedSox96 wrote:

We-Lost-The-1940-NFL-Championship-Game-73-to-0's?

TIL that is the largest margin of victory in American team sport, ever

Board footera