Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2020 8:40 am  #361

Re: AltFL Legacy

QCS wrote:

Man, if only we had won in 2005, we could've made it 8 in a row for the North. Truly the division of death.

Isn’t it fun to not channel your energy towards cursing my team and actually winning?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

9/25/2020 8:46 am  #362

The AltFL Legacy Project Recap (Part 2)

The second part of our recap is dedicated to the individuals that stood out. You will notice that there are blanks throughout.  This means that the award was won by a player on a team not in the Legacy Project. 

Next are the All Decade Teams. Some of the players listed on the All Decade Teams played for multiple teams. They are represented by the team that they played their best years (within this decade) for. However both teams will be given credit when it comes to Part 3 of the recap. 

In our final part of the Recap we will look at the accomplishments of individual teams. 

9/25/2020 9:00 am  #363

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

QCS wrote:

Man, if only we had won in 2005, we could've made it 8 in a row for the North. Truly the division of death.

Isn’t it fun to not channel your energy towards cursing my team and actually winning?

I mean that's still fun. Plus, this means I was winning while cursing your team.

Also Gritty, nice wrap-up! Glad to see we've won without a single individual player award, just one first-team and one second-team selection. Great team, I'm hoping we can get one more before the Legacy Project is over.

9/25/2020 9:06 am  #364

AltFL Legacy Project Recap (Part 3)

These rankings were developed by an admittedly rudimentary formula.  The components of that formula are:

- 1 point for a regular season win
- 5 points for a playoff appearance
- 10 points for a division title
-10 points for a Gritty Cup
- 15 points for a Final Four appearance
- 20 points for a trip to the Alt Bowl
- 50 points for an Alt Bowl Victory
-5 points for individual awards
-5 points for a member of the All Decade Team (first team only)

Looking forward to the next ten years! 

Last edited by Gritty (9/25/2020 9:06 am)

9/25/2020 9:20 am  #365

The tale of 2 decades. We’ll be in the basement during this 2nd decade. Oh well!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)

9/25/2020 9:31 am  #366

Second-highest all-time record, tied for most Alt Bowls, most North division titles, a Gritty Cup, I'm thinking we've got a great team in Charlotte. Hoping we can keep up the good work as whoever got matched up with the Patriots begins to dominate.

9/25/2020 9:34 am  #367

QCS wrote:

QCS wrote:

I mean that's still fun. Plus, this means I was winning while cursing your team.

Also Gritty, nice wrap-up! Glad to see we've won without a single individual player award, just one first-team and one second-team selection. Great team, I'm hoping we can get one more before the Legacy Project is over.

Well we were both winning, so it wasn’t really a curse. I honestly thought either the Reapers or the Beavers had #1 in the decade.

9/25/2020 9:58 am  #368

All in all, I gotta say I like how my Mallards started here.  Slow start, but things picked up when we drafted Warren Sapp.

Our best years are yet to come.

9/25/2020 9:58 am  #369

QCS wrote:

Well we were both winning, so it wasn’t really a curse. I honestly thought either the Reapers or the Beavers had #1 in the decade.

Ah, I was talking about the Racers. You were helped out a ton by your weak division, it gave you 7 division titles and certainly helped with those Gritty Cups. Still, the Explorers were a great team this decade, 119 wins is nothing to sneeze at.

I was curious, so I found out the average placement of the divisions:

North - 8.83
Central: 14.83
South - 14
West - 12.33

So clearly the North is the best division, the only one averaging in the top 10 and also claiming 70% of all Alt Bowls. Additionally, a team with red has won 80% of all Alt Bowls, with only the Grizzlies and Nightriders not using red in some way. Florida's certainly got it the worst, with two teams, only 3 playoff appearances between them, and only 1 playoff win.

9/25/2020 10:09 am  #370

God, the Chargers weren't very good, we're in the midst of the Ryan Leaf era, and we're in a tough division. Thankfully, we're going to get much better when LaDanian Tomlinson arrives. Hoping we can squeeze out an AltBowl in the second decade. Just going to have to get past the Copperheads (they're going to be good with that Brady guy coming)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera