Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2020 9:41 am  #351

Re: AltFL Legacy

Last time the Alt Bowl was in Seattle we won, but I'm a little nervous about this matchup. The Vulcans are the #1 seed, but given how the Sabercats got pretty close to beating them, I think the Reapers can at least put up a good fight. The AltFL runs through the North!

Last edited by QCS (9/24/2020 9:41 am)

9/24/2020 4:39 pm  #352

Well, at least we made it close.... looking forward to see who wins!

9/24/2020 5:50 pm  #353

Ohhh SO close...but I'm still SO very proud of my Mallards!

We'll get it next year...

9/25/2020 7:46 am  #354

The Vulcans game tying drive was stopped at the one yard line by the Reapers defense. Possibly one of the most exciting finishes in Alt Bowl History.  

With that Alt Bowl in the books we are ten years in to the Legacy Project. That means that we have some recaps headed your way! I'll be posting that shortly. 

9/25/2020 7:59 am  #355

Let's go Reapers! That's 4 in a row for the North and our second, both, oddly, coming from Seattle. Additionally, I believe we upset a higher seed both times as well, so clearly Carolina thrives on the underdog status!

Edit: In addition, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmK5_lnQUbE

Last edited by QCS (9/25/2020 7:59 am)

9/25/2020 8:10 am  #356

Welcome to the AltFL Legacy Project Recap (PART 1)

This recap will cover the first ten years of our new league.  Let us begin with the division winners...

It is tough to deny that the North has been the most successful division.  They have won 7 out of 10 and 7 out of the last 8 Alt Bowls. Every division except the central has had 5 out of their 6 teams win the tile.  The teams that haven't won a division yet are New York, San Diego, Miami, Minnesota, and Kentucky.  

Now we move on to the playoffs. In the AltHL we were holding two playoff tournaments. Therefore it was easier to go deep into the playoffs.  In the AltFL it is difficult to fight your way through to the championship. I thought it would be a good success metric to keep track of teams final four appearances.  That means that a team had to win at least 1 playoff game to get there.  The team with the most Final Fours are the San Antonio Phantoms. Unfortunately they are still hunting their first championship. 

As for championships...the Alt Bowl History.

Three teams have won multiple titles, all from the North.  Shout out to Philadelphia, Carolina and Toronto. San Antonio has been to three but have nothing to show for it. #1 seeds have won the Alt Bowl three times. The #2 seed has won the Alt Bowl 4 times.  The #4 seeds have won twice and they are the lowest seeds to have won it.  That means that in order to win the Alt Bowl you need to win your division. The lowest seed to make it to the Alt Bowl were the Scorpions in Alt Bowl III.

Coming up next will be the individual awards of the first decade.

9/25/2020 8:16 am  #357

Those Vulcans uniforms need to be used as a throwback at some point. They're clean and classy!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

9/25/2020 8:26 am  #358

Of course we lost...... Is it bad that I thought we'd lose? I mean, it was our first time in the playoffs so the nerves would've been at an all-time high and the fact that we made it all the way to the AltBowl multiplies those nerves by 1000. Well, there's still a decade of this project left so who knows what will happen. GG Carolina.

9/25/2020 8:31 am  #359

Three time conference champions and yet no titles to show for it. Sigh.

9/25/2020 8:36 am  #360

Man, if only we had won in 2005, we could've made it 8 in a row for the North. Truly the division of death.

Board footera