Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2020 1:30 pm  #21

Re: The American Premier League

I'm gonna go with Arizona and Indy for the first matchups, hoping the 10,000's make a deep run!

7/07/2020 4:10 pm  #22

Quick update: The game set to take place between the Indianapolis Machine and Gateway Athletic has been postponed due to COVID concerns on the Indy roster.  

7/07/2020 4:28 pm  #23

Well I was going to cheer for Big Foot FC this season, but I suppose I'll cheer for Miami for now.

7/07/2020 4:32 pm  #24

I kinda hope that Gritty just ends up cancelling the whole thing due to COVID. Most realistic thing yet. We all get excited, and then... nothing.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/07/2020 5:44 pm  #25

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I kinda hope that Gritty just ends up cancelling the whole thing due to COVID. Most realistic thing yet. We all get excited, and then... nothing.

No, that’s mean.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/07/2020 9:11 pm  #26

ThisIsFine wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

No, that’s mean.

Yes, because that would be a fitting end to this particular season in these days.   But I agree, that would be mean, (I sorta imagine everything being cancelled due to COVID would result in a very XFL v2.0 ending, which is sort of funny but tragic at the same time).   My favorite team would have to be THE Bayou, (yes, THE is capitalized for a reason.  Just like the very pompous "THE" that Ohio State players state when they introduce themselves in prime time football games-if you don't know what I mean, just watch closely next time you see a Sunday or Monday night football game- I imagine players of THE Bayou being overly proud of being on THE Bayou.  Also, I like gators as a sports mascot).   GO BAYOU!

Last edited by Stickman (7/07/2020 9:13 pm)

7/09/2020 8:17 am  #27

Match #1 Results

Atlanta Arsenal 2 - Phoenix City 1

The 2020 MLS season resumed Wednesday night featuring Group A of the APL is Back Tournament, and Atlanta Arsenal downed Phoenix City 2-1 behind a star showing from Ignacio Garcia
The Designated Player secured all three points in the 97th minute, poking home after a cross fell to him from 10 yards out. It was an opportunistic finish that an onrushing Luis Veras couldn’t deter.

That capped a come-from-behind effort after Juan Rojas gave Phoenix the first goal with a close-range finish in the 47th minute. Rojas peeled to the back post and tapped home a low cross from Victor Martin after the latter combined with Matthew Bruhle in the 18-yard box.

Iggy’s first key moment arose in the 70th minute as Atlanta made it 1-1, equalizing via a back-post run from Chris Hayes. Arsenal winger was quickest to a driven cross from Iggy, who used a burst of speed to create from the left flank.

A scary moment arose in the 51st minute when Phoenix center back Roberto Berie went down after a clash with Atlanta striker Apollo Diaoconis. Berie needed to be stretchered off.

That incident prompted 10 minutes of second-half stoppage time, and ultimately resulted in Atlanta’s first win under head coach Edgar Martinez.
Goals

• 47' – PHX – Juan Rojas
  • 70' – ATL – Chris Hayes
  • 97' – ATL – Ignacio Garcia

Man of the Match presented by HeinekenIggy didn’t feature in Atlanta’s first two games of 2020 due to suspension, but the Mexican star picked up right where he left off in 2019. He provided a goal and assist for Arsenal, building off last year’s showing of 12 goals and 10 assists. DPs are paid to produce, and he’s doing exactly that.

Match #2 - Indianapolis Machine versus Gateway Athletic POSTPONED.

Today's Slate:

7/09/2020 1:02 pm  #28

Oh no, that’s not good at all for AZ, especially with PIT in the bracket. A draw would have gone a long way.

7/09/2020 2:10 pm  #29

Go Sol!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/09/2020 2:53 pm  #30

Lets Go Minny!

Board footera