Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2020 11:06 am  #31

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I think it'll be Minnesota, Dallas then Boston. Unless Steel pulls something and picks Boston over Dalls, I'm not sure where Darknes will pick if that occurs.

So basically he pulls a me?

I could definitely see it happening. Stir up some drama early, keep everyone on their toes.

6/28/2020 11:08 am  #32

ANDY! wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I think it'll be Minnesota, Dallas then Boston. Unless Steel pulls something and picks Boston over Dalls, I'm not sure where Darknes will pick if that occurs.

So basically he pulls a me?

I could definitely see it happening. Stir up some drama early, keep everyone on their toes.

Someone has to since I don’t think I can.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/28/2020 11:09 am  #33

Now now, quit with that heretical talk

6/28/2020 11:10 am  #34

Darknes wrote:

Now now, quit with that heretical talk

How about no?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)

6/28/2020 11:46 am  #35

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Wow, Orlando huh? Can't say I'm surprised, they're one of my favorite designs. I definitely had them in the mix for my pick, but I definitely thought you'd steal Minnesota. 
For anyone wondering, my choice came down between San Diego and Chicago, Kentucky and New York weren't even really on my radar when I decided. I like both of the designs, but Kentucky's uniforms had some things I'd want to tweak if i was going to pick them, and much like Chicago, New York's alt scared me off from picking them. San Diego was the most well rounded uniform I thought, and going back through all the submissions to see the creators original ideas, I found that SD had some white pants to break up monochrome, which sealed the deal for me. 
I'm excited for the 3rd pick, I think Chicago's off the board.

My short list came down to Orlando, San Diego, Minnesota, and Kentucky. The idea of taking Minne was certainly there, but ever since I designed the Galactics, I knew I wanted to have that team so had to take em. 

6/28/2020 12:11 pm  #36

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Anyone else die of laughter reading Direbear's press release?

No?... OK....

It was either that or me showing up with a Mitch Trubisky body pillow. I went with the former since it's less awkward. 

Anyway, probably everyone predicted that I was getting Chicago, but I was seriously considering Arizona and San Antonio. I debated whether to go for Chicago or Arizona, and I ended up choosing Chicago because I liked their identity slightly more the Arizona (even though I designed the unis for the Scorpions).

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

6/28/2020 12:18 pm  #37

Now everyone knows who I want the most..but can anyone guess who my 2nd and 3rd pick on my shortlist are?

6/28/2020 12:21 pm  #38

Dire Bear: Yeah, you made the right call with the bad fantasy football history segment!  That was pretty funny!  Plus, if you're gonna have a Bears' QB body pillow, you should definitely go with Nick Foles anyway, lmao!   The guy did win my Eagles a Super Bowl not too long ago and you never know, he could do it again!

6/28/2020 12:44 pm  #39

As we all wait for Steelman’s pick, we wonder, is he going to go for the steal, or play for his favorites.

6/28/2020 12:49 pm  #40

As we all wait for Steelman’s pick, we wonder, is he going to go for the steal, or play for his favorites.

I mean, he's called Steelman for a reason...

Board footera