Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/05/2020 11:09 pm  #361

Re: AltFL Discussion Thread

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I know Dillon is a bit of a homer pick as a Packer fan, but he supplants Jamaal Williams as the RB2 right away, and I don't think they re-sign Jones after this season.

I don't think he's as much of a homer pick, I think he'll be a change of pace back. I was tempted to grab the BC boy though.

7/05/2020 11:12 pm  #362

Darknes wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I know Dillon is a bit of a homer pick as a Packer fan, but he supplants Jamaal Williams as the RB2 right away, and I don't think they re-sign Jones after this season.

I don't think he's as much of a homer pick, I think he'll be a change of pace back. I was tempted to grab the BC boy though.

It was a concern of mine, as if he would've come off the board, I think I would've gone Defense with the pick, or taken Laviska Shenault, who I think is great, but playing in Jacksonville, which is a concern for any offensive player.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/05/2020 11:19 pm  #363

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Darknes wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

It was a concern of mine, as if he would've come off the board, I think I would've gone Defense with the pick, or taken Laviska Shenault, who I think is great, but playing in Jacksonville, which is a concern for any offensive player.

For it was a tossup between Asiasi and Dillion to be honest, I was also potentially thinking Hurts.

7/06/2020 8:19 am  #364

With the 34th pick in the Rookie Draft.. The Philadelphia Brawlers select Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor.  

7/06/2020 8:31 am  #365

Gritty wrote:

With the 34th pick in the Rookie Draft.. The Philadelphia Brawlers select Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor.  

Dang it... thought he would fall back way more.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

7/06/2020 9:03 am  #366

With the way offense has gone in the draft, I don't expect any offensive players to drop. I was honestly surprised that A.J. Dillon made it to me at 31.

EDIT: Except Henry Ruggs, apparently.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (7/06/2020 9:04 am)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/06/2020 12:02 pm  #367

Fun facts: The first round had 15 Offensive Players, 9 Defensive players.

Of the 12 teams that have picked in the second round:
4 have gone 1st round Offense, 2nd round Offense
4 have gone 1st round Offense, 2nd round Defense
3 have gone 1st round Defense, 2nd round Offense
1 has gone 1st round Defense, 2nd round Defense

Position Breakdown:
QB: 5
RB: 6
WR: 10
TE: 1
DL: 3
LB: 6
CB: 2
S: 3
K: 0

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (7/06/2020 12:04 pm)

7/06/2020 3:41 pm  #368

Oh, that hurts. I was hoping to grab the Crimson Chinn with my pick. 

7/06/2020 3:41 pm  #369

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Position Breakdown:

Make that 2 teams that have gone defense in both rounds.  I felt that the Sabercat offense will be easier to build around with veterans, so I wanted to specifically focus on defense for now.  I'm confident that Patrick Queen is going to produce, but Jeremy Chinn should be a fun guy to watch this year too, (lots of good options in the secondary still, I feel)

EDIT: Sorry to disappont QCS.... just don't curse me over this, okay?  Lol

Last edited by Stickman (7/06/2020 3:42 pm)

7/06/2020 3:52 pm  #370

Stickman wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Position Breakdown:

Make that 2 teams that have gone defense in both rounds.  I felt that the Sabercat offense will be easier to build around with veterans, so I wanted to specifically focus on defense for now.  I'm confident that Patrick Queen is going to produce, but Jeremy Chinn should be a fun guy to watch this year too, (lots of good options in the secondary still, I feel)

EDIT: Sorry to disappont QCS.... just don't curse me over this, okay?  Lol

I really like Queen, and was disappointed first when the Packers traded up and took Love with Queen still on the board. I like Jordan Love, but I felt we should've been adding pieces to try and win now, not the QB this year. Then was disappointed again when you took Queen with Murray still on the board.

Board footera